What is your newest purchase

adders60

16 minutes ago, B B said:

Your just saying that in case Sonik are watching 😎

6 minutes ago, framey said:

Hahah

Hahaha.... I'd quite happily have a Sonik Tracksuit if they brought 1 out in SKTek version 👍

Need Help.... 

I've put on the Heli Safe Tubing Kit for a water I don't need to drop the lead, so I wanted to use the piece of plastic ring that goes over the spring to stop the lead ejecting? 

I have stupidly lost the 2 that come in the kit... Is this something that can be bought over the counter from retailers or do I have to buy 2 new heli safe Tubing kits just for the 2 pieces? 

Screenshot_20211006_200344.thumb.jpg.fa41f4695821ddfd477d37f3ee9ed5cf.jpg

2 hours ago, Old school said:

Like that, where was it from? 

https://www.militarykit.com/

Found military Surplus and hunting or shooting clothing is a whole lot better than most fishing clothing and does not have a premium price tag. 

45 minutes ago, ouchthathurt said:

Ahh the good old MTP gortex! I got a bit left over from my army days, just don’t wash it in a washing machine! It trashes the waterproof qualities and turns it a pinky shade! 

Wasn't planning on washing the waterproof stuff, and I just do the normal jacket and trousers in the machine inside out to reduce fading. 

2 hours ago, framey said:

I actually quite like that camo pattern 

The one thing I will say is I think the older woodland/jungle dpm was better in this country and the mtp is more suited to the Afghan and Iraqi theatre. It seems to blend in better with the paler stonier background more than the UK greenery

It certainly does mate, also it blended into a wider range of terrains, rather than the traditional dpm green and dpm desert kit we had before mtp was issued. MTP stands for multi terrain pattern. It could be worn in desert conditions and woodland terrains. That was the idea as far as I remember! 

2 hours ago, Highy said:

Hi All, 

Take the post down if needed, but out of curiosity, I want to sell my old alarms... Sonik SKS all Purple (Limited Edition) 

are they worth £130? 

IMG_20211007_124344.thumb.jpg.d21446fe6c23e8d0672dc5570f79233a.jpg

Get what you can for em mate, is that with the bobbins or not? 

If not I think £100 is easily achievable 

4 minutes ago, elmoputney said:

Get what you can for em mate, is that with the bobbins or not? 

If not I think £100 is easily achievable 

Yep, everything in Picture, also the 3rd Alarm is brand new, exchanged by sonik as the LED didn't light up on take, does now. 

Sonik Vader X RS Spod + Marker Rod with Reel (NO Braid on Spod Reel). 

So..... I'll be wanting some braid but what is a decent but not expensive Braid.... I'll be casting around 60yrds Max. 

What breaking strain will be enough?... I've seen the below starting at 30lb strain, is 60lb too much? 

Screenshot_20211021_102245.thumb.jpg.41dcf60445a7ea57f7019ee8d9f37f7a.jpg

I'll be purchasing Spombs, Marker Leads, Marker Kit soon. 

3 hours ago, Highy said:

Sonik Vader X RS Spod + Marker Rod with Reel (NO Braid on Spod Reel). 

So..... I'll be wanting some braid but what is a decent but not expensive Braid.... I'll be casting around 60yrds Max. 

What breaking strain will be enough?... I've seen the below starting at 30lb strain, is 60lb too much? 

Screenshot_20211021_102245.thumb.jpg.41dcf60445a7ea57f7019ee8d9f37f7a.jpg

I'll be purchasing Spombs, Marker Leads, Marker Kit soon. 

Yes, if its tow rope the old sonik reel won't like it, I used 50lb spider braid and it made my reel sound like a bag of spanners after a month or two, it really didn't like it 

I use Gardner kinetic now it costs a bit more but it works better 😏