What is your newest purchase

adders60

2 hours ago, bluelabel said:

Their gear is actually very good... think I'd rather support a British company than some Chinese firm running a sweatshop staffed with kids on tuppence an hour, then some importer whacking the equivalent of his telephone no onto the price and calling it by one of the big names...

Aren't British workers now working in sweatshops just to scrape a living ? 

Not a purchase as such.... A fella at work was throwing 1 of these away yeatarday because he lost his charger... 

https://www.toolstation.com/luceco-rechargeable-clamp-worklight-ip54/p62159 

I've charged it at work and OMG it's really bright, this maybe my new night light for night pics, Clamp to Barrow or something... Ding dang doo. 

My latest batch of gemini stuff came today, 

Their pva bag stems are the best I've seen yet, I bought the kit and the tubing is heavy too comes with a little tool and also an adaptor to connect the stem and tubing,that feels weighty in your hand and you know will sink well, well worth a look if you haven't tried gemini before, the leaders and booms are also good, just makes for a nice and tidy presentation using their bits lol, bit of a convert presently,

and actually the hooks seem pretty decent also, certainly sharp out the pack, 

10 hours ago, Highy said:

Not a purchase as such.... A fella at work was throwing 1 of these away yeatarday because he lost his charger... 

https://www.toolstation.com/luceco-rechargeable-clamp-worklight-ip54/p62159 

I've charged it at work and OMG it's really bright, this maybe my new night light for night pics, Clamp to Barrow or something... Ding dang doo. 

Hi mate you can have too much light when photographing at night, so you may want to use the lower setting or maybe if that doesn't work consider using something to dampen the light, but well worth having a play with as it's free, 

23 minutes ago, elmoputney said:

Hi mate you can have too much light when photographing at night, so you may want to use the lower setting or maybe if that doesn't work consider using something to dampen the light, but well worth having a play with as it's free, 

Thanks Elmo, will do, but it will light up the peg at night, the Clamp is abit iffy also, abit tough opening, will give it a grease see if it slacken abit. 

But brilliant for a freebie, must last a long time as its took 2 days to fully charge. 

On 01/12/2021 at 08:43, elmoputney said:

4x sonik stanz 12inch bankstick.... 2x for 3rd alarm n butt rest.... 2x for light n phone attachment. 

1 hour ago, Highy said:

4x sonik stanz 12inch bankstick.... 2x for 3rd alarm n butt rest.... 2x for light n phone attachment. 

On 01/12/2021 at 08:43, elmoputney said:

I've had to rig up the light, the Clamp was actually broken.... 

1 of the Banksticks in use, I've cabled tied the light to the Ridgemonkey plate you get with the Bivvy light. 

Doesn't like bright, but Wooow it is. Should do the trick this 👍

Screenshot_20211202_103627.thumb.jpg.531dc1ae99c6744d3904eb617d53ef8f.jpg

Nothing recent but i have got a few ideas for a motor to go on the barrow see there are a few choices that will fit different barrows as in not limited to the carp porter one be a set of rear wheels and a motor, thing of heading back to Canal pool on KWP can be a bit of a trot to get round the lake from the car park will also be getting the year ticket for stanies good value just a shame the A45 is so close can get a bit intense at rush hour. 

• 2 weeks later...

Solar SP undercover bedchair, Rod Hutchinson All Seasons sleeping bag and an Ultimate sleeping bag cover. Using them right now this second😉

Did i tell you that I have switched jobs, and got paid a month's wages by each as paydays tallied up... 

3 minutes ago, salokcinnodrog said:

Solar SP undercover bedchair, Rod Hutchinson All Seasons sleeping bag and an Ultimate sleeping bag cover. Using them right now this second😉

Did i tell you that I have switched jobs, and got paid a month's wages by each as paydays tallied up... 

Hows the bedchair? I'm starting to want another one 😂

16 hours ago, elmoputney said:

Comfortable! 

Long enough so that my feet aren't hanging over the end, and wide enough so that my shoulders aren't squeezed in the frames. 

16 hours ago, elmoputney said:

Let's just say that I actually slept well all the way through the night 

14 hours ago, salokcinnodrog said:

Comfortable! 

Long enough so that my feet aren't hanging over the end, and wide enough so that my shoulders aren't squeezed in the frames. 

Let's just say that I actually slept well all the way through the night 

Brilliant thanks, 

I've actually just bought a solar Bankmaster bedchair in saw a good deal on AD and pulled the trigger, my sonik was going to be £35 to fix so I thought I might as well spend the extra and buy a solar one 😂

And whenever I seem to get out in wintertime I find its great for catching up on sleep, 😁 hope you get one before you leave 👍

Edited by elmoputney

• 2 weeks later...

Well I payed for my night ticket last night, I don't how much use I will get out of it with what's going on with my wife at the moment,  I wasn't going to get one  but the wife said get it, you'll probably be glad to get out away from everything and I think she's Wright, when something bad is going on in your life you need some sort of escape from it. 👍

7 minutes ago, finchey said:

Well I payed for my night ticket last night, I don't how much use I will get out of it with what's going on with my wife at the moment,  I wasn't going to get one  but the wife said get it, you'll probably be glad to get out away from everything and I think she's Wright, when something bad is going on in your life you need some sort of escape from it. 👍

Not paid for mine yet Keith, hopefully next week. 

Itching myself too get out... Hope all goes well for the Family this year 🤞🤞

1 minute ago, Highy said:

Not paid for mine yet Keith, hopefully next week. 

Itching myself too get out... Hope all goes well for the Family this year 🤞🤞

Cheers Paul,

Hopefully I'll see you on the bank at some point this year. We'll have to try and organise an overnighter.👍

31 minutes ago, finchey said:

Even if it's just one or two odd nights mate it will be worth every penny,it's so good for decluttering your brain a night away to switch off, fingers crossed it all gets better soon for you though 

Can you guys get Wigan kebabs  delivered on socials?