What is your newest purchase

adders60

Well that was out the blue just been offered a syndi membership on a set of lakes in the valley think they are non publicity so keep it under my hat for now 300 for the year 24/7, just looking at some of the fish nothing huge a few thirties and a real good stock of dark mirrors and commons, that's a bonus i was stuck for this year.

35 minutes ago, Highy said:

Trakker Barrow £50

Same as mine.

I had to pay 170 odd a few years ago as my old barrow died mid session. The Trakker was all the local shop had in stock. I have to say I don't really like it but for 50 quid I'd be more than happy with it! Bargain mate.

24 minutes ago, yonny said:

Same as mine.

I had to pay 170 odd a few years ago as my old barrow died mid session. The Trakker was all the local shop had in stock. I have to say I don't really like it but for 50 quid I'd be more than happy with it! Bargain mate.

Yah, thought that too... Just wanted a Barrow with an underbag really, couldn't get the Fox under barrow bag anywhere... Or even a universal 1.

3 hours ago, Highy said:

A mate selling all his Carp Gear due to Work Issues... So far sold his Chairs, Sleep System, Terminal, Rods, Reels, Luggage, 

I got a steal off him.... Trakker Barrow £50

Screenshot_20220128_110931.thumb.jpg.7e875ba0f48c1f755409bab228731e67.jpg

That is a steal, I've been looking at barrows for a while now, they've gone stupidly up in price even second hand, you see them selling more than you could buy them new for a couple of years ago, even rough looking ones go for stupid money, tfg juggernauts are regularly £200 plus😲 and they haven't been made for a few years now 

I've seen a video for a pro logic barrow coming out that looks pretty smart, not sure what the RRP is but would probably be a lot more than I think it will be 😂

I really wish I hadn't sold my Mk2 carp porter last time I quit they are like £200 now I think 

1 hour ago, elmoputney said:

That is a steal, I've been looking at barrows for a while now, they've gone stupidly up in price even second hand, you see them selling more than you could buy them new for a couple of years ago, even rough looking ones go for stupid money, tfg juggernauts are regularly £200 plus😲 and they haven't been made for a few years now 

I've seen a video for a pro logic barrow coming out that looks pretty smart, not sure what the RRP is but would probably be a lot more than I think it will be 😂

I really wish I hadn't sold my Mk2 carp porter last time I quit they are like £200 now I think 

The Cygnet 1 at A.D is exactly same as the Fox Royale, with a under bag for £99...the new saber Barrow looks good too. 

Other mate got a Carp Porter with no Y bar for £70, abit heavy them I think. 

lot of good deals about on gumtree, two in brum, nearly new aqua brolly for 400 with all the extras and something i would like but not right now three gardner alarms solar banksticks and bars and three pozi spring indicators with the hockey stick bit all for 100 looks good as well.

Barrows are not as good as you hope the carp porter is a bit ginger on the corners with all the weight at the front and the handles are a bit flexi without the centre bar that costs extra. i try to buy used just never anything i want when i'm looking to buy.

A set of 3 10ft 3.5 ESP telescopic rods they were £95 each but got them for £90 each and 3 rod sleeves…was getting a bit carried away almost bought the matching quiver but remembered I had a old Wychwood quiver which is perfect for the sleeves….🤔 and a Okuma Inc 6000 reel to go with the 2 Iv already got that was £50….

CD240404-7039-46D4-A21D-FD8FE9160643.jpeg

10x 3oz Textured Flat Pear leads.

10 Green Army Bungee cords (Barrow straps all out of stock)

2 lots of heli safe and tubing kits, 

1 box of 6 Coleman gas. 

Looking like February is a write off for fishing.... Im working loads and looking like only 3 days off work in February, loads of overtime, little ens birthday, 10yr wedding anniversary, building a free standing pergola over hot tub. 

This years ticket paid for and got enough left for a new pod to celebrate, gone off banksticks can be a hassle, looking at the Solar A1 Aluminium Ground Pod AD have them just in my price range so why not, was looking at a few similar like the fox which is too pricey or the cygnete again costs more, so i'm hoping solar don't do me wrong and this pod is the usual solar quality, i'm funny about pods most light cheaper ones can be top heavy the ground style pods should not have that problem.

43 minutes ago, Carpbell_ll said:

This years ticket paid for and got enough left for a new pod to celebrate, gone off banksticks can be a hassle, looking at the Solar A1 Aluminium Ground Pod AD have them just in my price range so why not, was looking at a few similar like the fox which is too pricey or the cygnete again costs more, so i'm hoping solar don't do me wrong and this pod is the usual solar quality, i'm funny about pods most light cheaper ones can be top heavy the ground style pods should not have that problem.

My local Fishing Republic has them on the shop floor... Both look decent. 

Screenshot_20220201_131415.thumb.jpg.415cd4d60cb0867379daf22d4f2a5056.jpg

23 minutes ago, Highy said:

My local Fishing Republic has them on the shop floor... Both look decent. 

Screenshot_20220201_131415.thumb.jpg.415cd4d60cb0867379daf22d4f2a5056.jpg

I expect so from solar not like the p1 kit but certainly on a par with all other ground pods bar jag, i did struggle not to get the sonik but i want to buy something that is solid in all conditions pods can be a sod in the pouring cold rain and pitch dark and no hassle to set up, just pow in place and done. 

just need some snag ears now got to look proper on the new water, plus it is not a three rod water i'm thinking one rod for the main two at a squeeze, i'm not turning up and putting three out until they want three or the lake is empty.  really am looking forward to this it is a water i have dreamed of getting on in the past proper history lake, still got my fingers crossed lol. 

Have to do the decent thing and get a new net and mat. 

41 minutes ago, Carpbell_ll said:

I expect so from solar not like the p1 kit but certainly on a par with all other ground pods bar jag, i did struggle not to get the sonik but i want to buy something that is solid in all conditions pods can be a sod in the pouring cold rain and pitch dark and no hassle to set up, just pow in place and done. 

Which sonik 1? This is identical to the Vader X Pod, only thing is that side side in the show, the Solar pod is thinner on the bars and pod body, where as the Sonik is abit more chunky. I think the 2 rod is abit chunkier than the 3 Rod also. 

Sonik at Top, Solar underneath. 

Screenshot_20220201_142431.thumb.jpg.67ef02df3acb8ba47a1b4618d14cf629.jpg

Edited by Highy

1 hour ago, Highy said:

Which sonik 1? This is identical to the Vader X Pod, only thing is that side side in the show, the Solar pod is thinner on the bars and pod body, where as the Sonik is abit more chunky. I think the 2 rod is abit chunkier than the 3 Rod also. 

Sonik at Top, Solar underneath. 

Screenshot_20220201_142431.thumb.jpg.67ef02df3acb8ba47a1b4618d14cf629.jpg

yes that's the one said to be solid build but i'm not sure on if it stays like that over time it was the plastic that put me off i bought a set of korum storm poles last year the cam latch broke on them in no time so i try to avoid them on all brands bar fox and the like never had a problem with the plastics on the fox stuff, just a mad price.

Over the last few years I've managed to get my day session kit separated from my long stay... the long stay stuff is bed, bivvy, stove and barrow,

Once it was properly split, I condensed the day kit down to a small compact ruckbag (with chair attached) and a bait bag with rods and a brolly... I see loads of guys with a fully loaded barrow for a day session... I'm on the water in place casting me first rod while they're still loading the barrow...😜🤣👍

4 minutes ago, bluelabel said:

see loads of guys with a fully loaded barrow for a day session... I'm on the water in place casting me first rod while they're still loading the barrow...

Eeeeeerm.... Im guilty of that.... Barrow loaded with Chair, Brew Bag, Tackle Bag, Bait Bag, Rod Bag, Buzz Bar Bag, Shelter just in case... But was 1st time other week that everything was still on Barrow while fishing. 

All i needed was bedchair and easy could have done night/24hr.

8 minutes ago, Highy said:

Eeeeeerm.... Im guilty of that.... Barrow loaded with Chair, Brew Bag, Tackle Bag, Bait Bag, Rod Bag, Buzz Bar Bag, Shelter just in case... But was 1st time other week that everything was still on Barrow while fishing. 

Ah well thats where you've got the drop on me... that said I'm used to doing night shifts so I could, at a pinch, do a night in a chair... although I'd probably suffer for it afterwards...🤣🤣🤣😭😭😭

1 minute ago, bluelabel said:

Ah well thats where you've got the drop on me... that said I'm used to doing night shifts so I could, at a pinch, do a night in a chair... although I'd probably suffer for it afterwards...🤣🤣🤣😭😭😭

I've done plenty them... That's why when little en comes with me now, I've bought the Sonik High Back Recliner. 

14 minutes ago, Highy said:

I must admit I'm the same highy, everything but the kitchen sink. I just can't help myself. 🤣😂🤣