What is your newest purchase

adders60

On 12/05/2022 at 19:05, newmarket said:

Non comprende Senor ?

Hi Newmarket

A  Ring ( the manufacturers' name )  Doorbell is one with a built in camera , so if you have the time that Yodel was supposed to have dropped off your parcel you can check your camera recordings .

Assuming you haven't got a Ring Doorbell maybe a friendly neighbour has one , and has captured images of the Yodel driver .

There's a video online which shows a food delivery driver get to a house , take out £40 worth of curry dinner from his insulated food bag  , take a 'photo of the food on the customers' doorstep , then calmly pick it back up , place it back into the food bag , and walk away ! . All this is captured on the customers' doorbell camera ! .

😃

7 minutes ago, elmoputney said:

Green Gardner atts underlit rollers 4 magnet, I think I am a little too sensitive for 2 magnet ones 🤔

Hi elmo, isn't it the more magnets you have, the more sensitive they are ?...

With the 2 Magnet Wheel the Receiver beeps every 1 cm of line movement

With the 4 Magnet Wheel the Receiver beeps every 0.5cm of line movement

With the 6 Magnet wheel the receiver beeps every 0.33cm of line movement

52 minutes ago, Highy said:

Thanks I wanted more sensitivity really, I think the 4 would be perfect for me, 2 is alright but I think 4 would be more like the no3 setting on the Soniks which was ideal for me 

not so much a purchase more a bodge in the spod rod department, got an old 3lb test that i use for a mini spomb and cut just over two foot off the top and replaced it with a section i cut from a 6-10 lb sea rod, means i know have 1o footish spod rod that should handle a large spomb deffo the midi, tried the midi on a 3lb test rod, it's a bit lavender so say the least. get good amounts of bait out in one. 

A mate has 2x Sonik Stanz Buzz bars and 4 Split Banksticks...he's asked if I wanna swap for my 2 Rod Pod...

I like the look of the Stanz, but also you can have multiple uses for them.

Can be used as normal buzz bar setup, or split the banksticks, and use like korda singles...

16 hours ago, elmoputney said:

Thanks I wanted more sensitivity really, I think the 4 would be perfect for me, 2 is alright but I think 4 would be more like the no3 setting on the Soniks which was ideal for me 

17 hours ago, Highy said:

I can remember making 12 vane discs to fit in Optonics, cut from the base of an old 35mm film container

On 30/04/2022 at 18:30, newmarket said:

Funnily enough , today I received a sample of both the above Hutch baits to try out , approx 1/2 a kg of each and my RH Cabrio brolly .coincidence or what ? 🤣

Naurally that wasn’t enough for me so I felt compelled to buy myself the brolly extension and overwrap to go with it 😊

Those naturalz have me intrigued though .

I remember making a few strange shaped hookies a few years ago and did quite well on em .

Youll have to let me know how you get on with em …

Im turning into you Nick 😂😂😂😂

just hope I catch half the fish you’ve caught over years .

Looking again at the size of my FOLDING RH retention sling I can’t see how I’m ever going to be in a position to actually have to use it lol 

Let me know what you think of the brolly itself.

I do love mine, better than a standard brolly and wrap.

The TFG brolly with stormsides and wrap was OK, but always a bit tight for space, and if you didn't put the wrap on and it started raining... ruined a camera and phone when the wind and rain came charging down the reservoir and got under the brolly.

Even a 50inch brolly and Jekh shelter was tight compared to the Cabrio Hybrid system.

Only thing I do struggle with is the spoke protector skull cap thingy. I quite frequently leave it hanging...

3 minutes ago, yonny said:

I use these, they're the nuts mate.

The standard set up is miles better imo.

The Sonik Stanz Split Sticks and Buzz Bars?....

The Jags I've always looked at and these will be going nowhere now.

I'll have a go with both setups, doesn't take 2 minutes to transform from 1 to the other.

Might also get the Satge Stands just incase I need to setup on some planks eventually. 

Edited by Highy

3 hours ago, Highy said:

Picked up 3 Jag Lackdown in Small Black, with 9 inserts for each Lockdown.

Swapped a mate my Pod for His Buzz Bar setup....which do you guys prefer 🤔 

Standard....

Screenshot_20220517-121210_Gallery.thumb.jpg.d00bda564379ba8c15823b31a5937daf.jpg

Singlez Setup

Screenshot_20220517-121229_Gallery.thumb.jpg.ee22908710a8298bb9b32f04f47dc0c1.jpg

Buzz bars for me every time, or genuine single sticks.

In fact a 2 rod Buzz bar, and a single is handy for playing fish around, although my 3 I can step into the middle quite easily with slack lines, or if the tips are high if it's the middle rod.

30 minutes ago, elmoputney said:

Standard for me too I think, everynow and again I think I might just use single sticks but then I couldn't be bothered to make them all neat everytime 😂 I also don't think the little spikes that go in the ground would be as stable as a longer bankstick, 

4 minutes ago, salokcinnodrog said:

Buzz bars for me every time, or genuine single sticks.

In fact a 2 rod Buzz bar, and a single is handy for playing fish around, although my 3 I can step into the middle quite easily with slack lines, or if the tips are high if it's the middle rod.

I'll have a go with both, gone over to sticks now for more ease, might see about some longer spikes or even put the 2 on each setup...

25 minutes ago, Highy said:

I'll have a go with both, gone over to sticks now for more ease, might see about some longer spikes or even put the 2 on each setup...

I can't do pods, get yourself a matrix piledriver or similar digging stick nothing is impossible then, well nearly anyway 😂

Picked up a sonik sk quiver with 5 rod sleeves off ebay for £33 the other day. Not bad quality but I do find the sleeves to be a bit tight around the first rod eye. Not majorly tight but they are a bit lol. Hopefully they might stretch a small bit 😆 it does beat the chubb 5 star rod holdall though lol. 

Also a got a few packs of isome worms for some lrf while the carp are spawning 👌

14 hours ago, jh92 said:

Picked up a sonik sk quiver with 5 rod sleeves off ebay for £33 the other day. Not bad quality but I do find the sleeves to be a bit tight around the first rod eye. Not majorly tight but they are a bit lol. Hopefully they might stretch a small bit 😆 it does beat the chubb 5 star rod holdall though lol. 

Also a got a few packs of isome worms for some lrf while the carp are spawning 👌

I got a set of rods that has 50mm rings and it’s a squeeze to put them in the sleeves but then it’s an old chub quiver…don’t think they had 50mm rings back in the day when I bought the quiver 🤔…. When did 50mm become fashionable. ?

3 hours ago, B B said:

I got a set of rods that has 50mm rings and it’s a squeeze to put them in the sleeves but then it’s an old chub quiver…don’t think they had 50mm rings back in the day when I bought the quiver 🤔…. When did 50mm become fashionable. ?

The cult tackle rod bag is good for 50mm butt rings and there single sleeves have more room too, really happy with mine I use a 3 rod bag and then have a single sleeve for my spod rod