What is your newest purchase

adders60

On 18/05/2022 at 19:49, B B said:

I got a set of rods that has 50mm rings and it’s a squeeze to put them in the sleeves but then it’s an old chub quiver…don’t think they had 50mm rings back in the day when I bought the quiver 🤔…. When did 50mm become fashionable. ?

When they found out they can add another £50 to the price for very little cost to themselves... sorry... I'm on of lifes cynics...😜😎

4 minutes ago, Kyvonio said:

I'm thinking of adding a baitboat to my equipment, and I´ve found this baitliner boat.
Anyone know this brand and if its any good?
https://www.raven-fishing.co.uk/x2-baitliner-bait-boat/en/product/1333/
spacer.png

No bait boat expert, but for that price there are much better known brands.....Actor Bait Boat for 1....

https://boatmanuk.com/product-category/boats/

Edited by Highy

Mine is only a standard use boat...

Does what I need it to do, when n where the situation requires...

IMG_20211225_101905.thumb.jpg.03c8fbdfb6292bdf6fdf4bfb13ba2bdc.jpg

A mate has the Actor and quite a few people I know who fish also would recommend this boat too....I would personally have 1, but I'll use what I've got to start off with then maybe in time upgrade to the Actor.

2 minutes ago, Kyvonio said:

Thanks, i'll check that one out. For now i need one that will do just the basics 😁

Wife got me mine for Christmas....

Fishing Bait Boat,Smart RC Bait Boats Speedboat,500m Remote Control Distance,1.5kg Loading Hopper,Double Motor,Fishfinder with Sonar Sensor,Portable Handbag https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B09KRK66NW/ref=cm_sw_r_awdo_70Z1BT093S7DBASPDT8H

I would actually prefer a boat with a middle dropper/hopper....as on the above the flip action is a little too Keen, but with damp wet Bait it does slow it down.

Edited by Highy

1 hour ago, Kyvonio said:

I'm thinking of adding a baitboat to my equipment, and I´ve found this baitliner boat.
Anyone know this brand and if its any good?
https://www.raven-fishing.co.uk/x2-baitliner-bait-boat/en/product/1333/
spacer.png

looks like the making of what could be a good boat, get rid of the hopper on the back it's useless and looks cheap, your obv the maker or seller but it is a good shape, flat twin hull, if you want it to sell you need to add a little something that stands out, what anglers want from a boat is a single hopper and as silent as possible.  with most boat users adding a deeper to the boat, selling the boat with a handset that don't interfere with the deeper signal guaranteed is a cheap add on that is a big selling point. 

2 minutes ago, Golden Paws said:

https://boatmanuk.com/product/black-mk4i-boatman-actor-10ah-bait-boat-with-external-switch-and-lights/

I bought this recently after watching my mate use one for 2 years and they certainly sell enough of them. That hopper on the back of the Bait Liner looks pretty hopeless.

Think this will be my Boat Upgrade next, the rear Hopper I don't understand why it was put on, maybe for sliding a solid bag off ??

2 minutes ago, Its-grim-up-north said:

I bought one of these, the actor plus off a mate who’s packed in fishing. Descent little boat for the price.

DEDBFBEB-41AD-4014-9604-64A54F2082D0.jpeg

I'd even have the standard MK1...any Actor Boat is decent.

two and a half kilo of snail bait and a tub of pop ups, going out again to fish a few chods around the bait, reckon that will be it then till after spawning, i will have my own bait by then so thought i'd give them a whirl, that's the good thing about a club ticket, no fees everytime you go so you don't mind trying differant things.  30 notes a night and i ain't going without a good bait selection. 

3 hours ago, Its-grim-up-north said:

I bought one of these, the actor plus off a mate who’s packed in fishing. Descent little boat for the price.

DEDBFBEB-41AD-4014-9604-64A54F2082D0.jpeg

That's the one I fancied If I ever wanted to spend out a little more on a boat, 

What's it like with small pellets and particles does it get stuck and not open? , and can you get plenty of bait in it ? I know it's stated 3kg but mines 1.5kg and it never looks that much 😂

Looking nice guys. Keep toying with the idea of a boat. Maybe one day...

Anyway, nothing so extravagant this week. Just some bits and bobs from a new supplier. They look OK at first glance and cheaper than a lot of other places, even Bank Tackle. 

These are all from Pulse Fishing. 

Naked chod beads X 12

Black kickers x 10

Leader chod system (30 pcs)

Drop off C beads x 25

Micro ring swivel (sz 20) x 10

All told £15.25 including postage!

Pulse_purchases_220520.jpg

6 hours ago, elmoputney said:

What's it like with small pellets and particles does it get stuck and not open?

No because the pin that releases the bottom door is underneath. I've used small pellet and not had any problems but I did find a tiger nut inside the propeller housing.

I haven't really used the rear compartment except to test it but it is pretty sloped and I reckon most baits would slide off pretty easily.

11 hours ago, Golden Paws said:

No because the pin that releases the bottom door is underneath. I've used small pellet and not had any problems but I did find a tiger nut inside the propeller housing.

I haven't really used the rear compartment except to test it but it is pretty sloped and I reckon most baits would slide off pretty easily.

pva bag full of wheat hydro and a few stones for the back slope.

On 15/05/2022 at 00:38, salokcinnodrog said:

I can remember making 12 vane discs to fit in Optonics, cut from the base of an old 35mm film container

Let me know what you think of the brolly itself.

I do love mine, better than a standard brolly and wrap.

The TFG brolly with stormsides and wrap was OK, but always a bit tight for space, and if you didn't put the wrap on and it started raining... ruined a camera and phone when the wind and rain came charging down the reservoir and got under the brolly.

Even a 50inch brolly and Jekh shelter was tight compared to the Cabrio Hybrid system.

Only thing I do struggle with is the spoke protector skull cap thingy. I quite frequently leave it hanging...

I’m going to post an account of my session last weekend in which I’ll relay my thoughts on a few things .

Cabrio brollys and rod pods/sticks to name just 2….

Just renewed my rod licence for the year - £45 for the three rod option. Now I've paid that and my club fees (£225 for GAPS, £170 for CAPS) it's all gravy.

I still have best part of 10kg of base mix and additives to boil up (think I used about 2-3 kilo all told last year! Big believer in a little bait in the right place)), along with particles and liquids for attraction. All set for another year. A short session after work tomorrow is on the cards I think.

Not so much a purchase more an acquisition, my father-in-law donated a couple of packs of the Korda ‘safe zone’ anti-tangle sleeves when he came over yesterday.

Its ok though . By the time I’ve mixed em up amongst my Gardner & ESP ones nobody will know the difference.

🤣