What is your newest purchase

adders60

set of the korda mini krimps a spool of boom and a spool of hybrid, also took the plunge and haggled 40 notes off a deeper chirp so i got that for 280 from AD, always haggle been in negotiation for this since last friday, things got a bit testy monday afternoon, they took my money for a deeper winter chirp, only for them to sell out before my funds cleared, they gave me the same discount on the newer chirp in the end. be up pine pool at the weekend testing it out. 

3 hours ago, elmoputney said:

Whoops got sent this picture from my good lady earlier 😂IMG-20220526-WA0003.thumb.jpg.1339386b72a2c362008ea078d041a1d2.jpg

30 quid though not too bad for all this I didn't think 😂

IMG_20220526_151717.thumb.jpg.85e94b1cdb4635987d113ecc13532be3.jpg

nice stuff, did you get the pelletizer? turns the mix into porridge like mix my spod reel is caked in it, really is hard to shift when dry. 

50 minutes ago, Carpbell_ll said:

nice stuff, did you get the pelletizer? turns the mix into porridge like mix my spod reel is caked in it, really is hard to shift when dry. 

Yeah it came with pelletizer I thought it sounded like a good additive, I would have upgraded to the boosted one but it wasn't in the deal, I thought 30 delivered was a pretty good price 

all i can say is wow, went to the canal and easily found the gully at the edge to the inch in depth as the canal just starts to shallow there is a slight gully dip, went over to barston just on the little lake and had a look around the pond lily pads, same again you can get the spot for being on the very edge of the stems no messing, which is what i want it for to help find the clearer bits in and around the weed patches. 

Just knocked up 5kg of bait for my next trip, favourite playlist on, wife out the house, rolling table put to work, just boiling the last batch up when I caught the pan handle with my elbow and spilt the boiling water all over my foot… 

top tip, keep your pan handles facing inwards… 🙄

1 hour ago, ouchthathurt said:

Just knocked up 5kg of bait for my next trip, favourite playlist on, wife out the house, rolling table put to work, just boiling the last batch up when I caught the pan handle with my elbow and spilt the boiling water all over my foot… 

Ouch ! I bet that hurt …

3 hours ago, ouchthathurt said:

Ouch!

I have just boiled up a pan of birdfood and added in some Infusion Boilies to the bucket so they are softer when I hopefully go Monday. 

On 26/05/2022 at 19:19, elmoputney said:

Yeah it came with pelletizer I thought it sounded like a good additive, I would have upgraded to the boosted one but it wasn't in the deal, I thought 30 delivered was a pretty good price 

And did Mrs P. think " 30 delivered was a pretty good price " ? .

🤨

1 hour ago, Highy said:

2x daiwa crosscast 45 scw 5000c qd

Feel great in the Hand, Good retrieve, Awsome line lay and went on with no ease....could have done with a bit more, buts that's what was on the old Sonik spools, see how they go and if need to change I will.

Screenshot_20220529-162935_Gallery.thumb.jpg.9c7920c1212534b6476be0ad0bd5dce8.jpg

Screenshot_20220529-162931_Gallery.thumb.jpg.79545a3562a4326dd97dc4c4e552552a.jpg

Screenshot_20220529-162926_Gallery.thumb.jpg.fd4dfd3b4cccd74e0eb2c682ac512f4f.jpg

Screenshot_20220529-162923_Gallery.thumb.jpg.2ca480302f97e5ea5e73b168e32449f4.jpg

Screenshot_20220529-162918_Gallery.thumb.jpg.79cd7e24864728eb076e1983f7233919.jpg

Very smart set up 

Finally bit the bullet and ordered some flourocarbon line. Since Nick rates it highly I'e gone for the mist green flouro stuff. Had to order from Europe since the diameter I wanted I couldn't find in the UK.

The Synchro XT has only been on the reels for a season, and did me well. No hook pulls, line breaks or any issues, other a bit of twist when dry. I may off spool it for re-use in the future.

• 2 weeks later...

Received a few bits & pieces today … long overdue I might add . 
stocked up on some Enterprise Eazi Flow run rings kits as they are becoming a bit of a rarity , along with a load of Kwik klip type swivels from Bank Tackle . Very reasonable.

oh and some batteries for my alarms ( I’m not falling for THAT again) along with a dozen or so 1.5oz leads .

3 hours ago, bluelabel said:

A Shakespeare Alpha 9'6" Polystel Leger rod...

Circa 1978

Going to be for bomb and feeder work, possibly target a few F1 carp too

IMG-20220607-WA0006.jpg

I used to have a Shakespeare wand back in the day, lovely rod 

Edited by B B