Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
adders60

What is your newest purchase

Bulk spool of Sufix Synergy Monofilament in 15lb green. Sufix discontinued supply a while ago then came back with this. Even better resistance to damage and diameter reduced to 0.30mm.

1365 metres, £24-00, delivered. Love it.

Ian

I hear they have released a new Camo mainline Ian , Duo Core they call it .

Less than a tenner too .

I'll be tempted to try it out at some stage .

I hear they have released a new Camo mainline Ian , Duo Core they call it .

Less than a tenner too .

I'll be tempted to try it out at some stage .

If it's as good as the Synergy it's got to be worth a look, Tim.

Nige Woodcock put me onto the Sufix stuff a good while ago and I've been grateful that he did.

Ian

Along with a couple of rod licences today I've just ordered a Diablo. Saw one on demonstration at "The Big One" the other week and was very impressed. Was never gonna buy one there though as they wanted £18 for it. Got mine for a few pence over £13 on Amazon

Two Fox power point euro banksticks, I gotta say with out sounding like a TT they look pretty sweet with the Nash butt locks sitting on them, just need two more now, can use my old ones for the front sticks, the front ones always go into the ground easy.  they are the legs off a cheap goal post pod, I broke the latch on one of the legs last year, when hammering it into the ground.

Really wanted the jag ones, but just couldn't stretch to £36 a stick.

Just need some new bite alarms now, the ones I have are Stillwater £12.99 for three, not bad I have had three years out of them, one has gave up, it did go in the water though, still worked up till this spring when I changed the batteries.

I think I may go with another set of Stillwater alarms, see what their sets with a receiver are like.   

Edited by Carpbell_ll

you can put them on direct debit with the EA and every year they send you a confirmation and your new licences arrive by post before the end of March, done it for years.

Is that a monthly payment CM if so how much a month? might go for that myself tomorrow, the phone line is closed now.

Must admit, I don't normally bother, due to the waters I fish, kingsbury and farm ponds you never see a EA officer. they are always calling into barston, so I best get one this year :mrgreen:

Rod licence sorted.

I also took advantage of the generous post by Beanz about the buzz bars I wanted for my pod (http://www.carp.com/topic/20950-buzzer-bars-custom-made). At the price I couldn't refuse, just waiting for them to be delivered

no mate, its annual, they confirm your details early March every year and your licences arrive last week of the month, hassle free.

I,m not. Allowed to have direct debits. There's never enough money in my account

Its a problem i have to say . i either risk fishing without a licence or get a licence and have no money for my day ticket .

Back to the bookies and risk TWO months of no fishing. ?

Its a problem i have to say . i either risk fishing without a licence or get a licence and have no money for my day ticket .

Back to the bookies and risk TWO months of no fishing. ?

Tim, don't risk fishing without. I don't think you would but worst case you get caught and gear confiscated and then, there's no fishing for a lot longer.

I need to go get mine, might pop out this weekend at some point.

Morning lads,looks into buying the carp zone airflow hybrid brolly,looks an awful lot like the new Trakker tempest system,alot cheaper too!! Any thoughts??

just had a look out of interest Phil ..... looks cheap and nasty and made out of a cheap 5000 hydrostatic head but what do you expect for 120.00 £

I have a Wychwood  Maximiser brolly ,some years old now ,and that is 5000 H/H I have had no problems with it ,I proof it every couple of years with Fabsil so no leaks and it has to be well over half the weight of my Supa brolly or Titan and fits nicely into the sleeve on my rod holdall.

I'm fairly confident that your wychwood brolly will be far better made than any carpzone gear.

Although having to re-proof it every other season is down to the 5000 H/H . I've had a trakker brolly coming on 15 years it just starting to drip now. 10000 H/H .

I don't think I had any drips for the first 4 to 5 years ,and proof it now more as as a precaution than need, but in fairness its only used during the summer . My deciding factor was its weight .

10000 H/H will or should be better than 5000 H/H.

I guess with any shelter you should consider what want from it and how and when its to be used .

As mentioned above the wychwood is used mainly in the summer ....... The Supa brolly in the winter ........The Titan if I go for a longer sessions over a few days or the weather is realy bad .