Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
adders60

What is your newest purchase

The Avid Carp 5+ Rod Holdall had made it to top of my list, but that's now on hold.

If I get no joy with a response and a replacement from Avid. I won't be spending any money on Avid Carp products at all :evil:

The holdall is a cracking bit of kit, Stoogi has one :D

I was going to go up the shop this weekend to get one out and, if I liked, walk away with one.

Do you know if you get two protective rod covers with the holdall for the spod and marker rod quiver pockets on the front, Andy?

Sorry mate, couldn't say :(

I brought some tasks kwik change sinkers. Shocking comes to mind. They just cone off when they apparently stay on any line. Ive used various hooklinks to wind in and find id been fishing a zig not a balanced bait. I contacted them a week later no reply. Rubbish. At £2.65 i wont kick up to much fuss but its still a waste of cash. Ive gone back to the good old shot :D

I brought some tasks kwik change sinkers. Shocking comes to mind. They just cone off when they apparently stay on any line. Ive used various hooklinks to wind in and find id been fishing a zig not a balanced bait. I contacted them a week later no reply. Rubbish. At £2.65 i wont kick up to much fuss but its still a waste of cash. Ive gone back to the good old shot :D

May sound strange, but go into Pole fishing section, and use (Drennan) olivettes as pop-up weights. You can get various weights, they are cheaper than carp fishing pop-up weights of whatever type or manufacturer, and come in two types:

Hole through the middle, which can be jammed with a doubled over piece of thick line :wink:

Line outside and round, held in position on the hooklink with a couple of small pieces of silicone tubing, (supplied)

3 Sonik Black 3lb test curve Rods

3 Sonik 6000 Black Reels

Fox Royale Classic Bivvy

Fox A-Pod Plus Podset

Nash H-Gun Chair

Gardner 3 Season Crash Bag

Nash Kaptive Weigh Sling

I've been saving for a while now!

Can't wait to go! Can't go for another 3 weeks! :(

May sound strange, but go into Pole fishing section, and use (Drennan) olivettes as pop-up weights. You can get various weights, they are cheaper than carp fishing pop-up weights of whatever type or manufacturer, and come in two types:

Hole through the middle, which can be jammed with a doubled over piece of thick line :wink:

Line outside and round, held in position on the hooklink with a couple of small pieces of silicone tubing, (supplied)

Or SW , just use the original korda sinkers .

Apart from the stows its the only decent gear they produce imo .

And ive just bought some gardner equivalents recently which look as if they'll do the job too ....

rod licence, worst value for money item you can get in fishing

Really? For what reasons?

£27 a year to use 2 rods is good value I think.

Let me just wind my calculator up........

£27 a year or

£2:25 a month or

£0:51p per week or

£0:07p per day.

As for my latest purchase, I've just renewed my lake membership but upgraded to a day & night ticket rather than just days.

Fox Black Label 3 rod buzz bars and 9 inch bank sticks. Brilliant piece of kit

With all due respect, have you read any reviews on the fox black label stuff? I know three people that broke the bankstick plastics within the first few sessions. If you can I would suggest taking them back and getting the cygnet stuff. Unless you get lucky of course.

Today I received 4 x 200/300 mm adjustable stainless bank sticks for £14 delivered was not expecting much for the money but they are incredibly well made , well happy .

They the chunky ones with two round locking wheels? If so, they are brilliant for the money.

Today I received 4 x 200/300 mm adjustable stainless bank sticks for £14 delivered was not expecting much for the money but they are incredibly well made , well happy .

They the chunky ones with two round locking wheels? If so, they are brilliant for the money.

No they are quite slim this is the ebay number. 271338069331

Where did you get them from John?

Ebay , the number is above , . As I said for £3.60 each you just can't go wrong , they do many other sizes .

£27 a year or

As for my latest purchase, I've just renewed my lake membership but upgraded to a day & night ticket rather than just days.

I imagine 7p is about how much of it goes towards anglers!

£27 a year or

I imagine 7p is about how much of it goes towards anglers!

The EA fish farms and the restocking they do up and down the country are worth the licence fee alone in my opinion

They are far from perfect (Aren't we all :wink: ) but they are a benefit to angling.

Well latest purchases came from Carpin on, nothing much as I squeak when I walk:

Some new pop-up tubs, on offer, and will fit into the carry straps in my bait bag.

2 new gas canisters on offer at £9 for 2.

When the cheapest I have found locally is £5 each, then that 50pence is a difference.

2 spools of line, Gardner Pro-carp 15 and 10lb.

More PVA mesh from Carp Craze as Mo's seems to have disappeared.

Fox fx flatliter bed system, really comfy and very lite

I'll look forward to seeing it, Mick.

Much as I love the comfort of my 8-leg Indulgence it's a big, cumbersome piece of kit.

How much are we talking, here?

Ian

I'm sold on it Ian. I love the comfort of my indulgence but this is very close if not matched in comfort but so much lighter, less bulk and a diddle to pack down etc.

I shall have a look, Nige. Thank you.

Ian

Where did you get them from John?

Ebay , the number is above , . As I said for £3.60 each you just can't go wrong , they do many other sizes .

Nice one matey . They are now in my watching page :)