What is your newest purchase

I'm sold on it Ian. I love the comfort of my indulgence but this is very close if not matched in comfort but so much lighter, less bulk and a diddle to pack down etc.

I shall have a look, Nige. Thank you.

Ian

ian I like the fact it is flat so if you want to turn and sleep on your stomach you can with out putting and unnatural bend in your back,the bag zips are decent and can be zipped from inside the bag,think it weighs 12k with bag and folds a lot flatter than my jrc extreme

so far i'm very impressed 8)

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

New sleep system - going down well!  Room for 2 no arguments!    

What a load of twaddle! I bought a cheap light aluminium £50 pod years ago, that only got uprated within the last two years, but because I could. A goalpost pod I could fish as pod or banksticks,

Posted Images

4 x 1.5oz inline leads, a Solar Easy Glide pack, a Gardner XL baiting needle, a pack of assorted split shot and some Nutrabaits Salmon flavour. All of which have cost me a lot more than they should, because there is absolutely no tackle available in Australia, it all has to be imported. Oh and this is the second time I've ordered the Salmon flavouring, the first time it didn't make it through customs....fingers crossed this time.

Some Kryston Bogey.

Can't believe I've never seen it before. It's absolutely fantastic for fishing particles as a hookbait 8)

I'll have to get some of that, if only for the name!

Ian

I dont have to buy any , my 2 year old produces a never ending supply :D

Some Kryston Bogey.

Can't believe I've never seen it before. It's absolutely fantastic for fishing particles as a hookbait 8)

I'll have to get some of that, if only for the name!

Ian

If anyone has a copy of the Kryston DVD, Dave Chilton gives a very good low down on the use of Bogey. Worth watching!

While obviously an advert for Kryston, there are some very useful ideas :!:

An Avid Carp Zig Box.

Well disappointed. Wish I'd gone for the Fox Zig Disc.

The reels for storing the zigs are good, but the case is cack. One of the clips that shut it snapped as I opened it; and this was at indoor room temperature, not outside on a cold winter or autumnal day :evil:

I contacted Avid nearly a week ago and have heard nothing from them. Pretty disappointed to be honest.

The Avid Carp 5+ Rod Holdall had made it to top of my list, but that's now on hold.

If I get no joy with a response and a replacement from Avid. I won't be spending any money on Avid Carp products at all :evil:

Fair play to Avid Carp.

They asked me to send back the broken box, which I duly did, ad they have just sent me a brand new replacement.

I'm a very happy chappy  :mrgreen:

Looks like a new rod holdall might be getting purchased later  :wink:

Newest purchase?

A new catapult to replace my broken one, one pack of float stops to use on my sliding pop up rig to stop the bait tied to a ring sliding down the hook shank and coming off the hookpoint and one next to the eye to stop it vanishing up the hooklink. One tub of 4mm and one of 8mm pellet to add to my pva mix.

:rolleyes:

I've purchased a few items just lately. MK2 pop ups from Impulse Baits, Backleads from Tackleuk off EBay ,an original SS3000, size 6 and 8 Covert Muggas and some uni link swivels. I usually have a spurt buying tackle and then I don't buy anything for ages.

Edited by hawkman

Im the same. I got a bag of source 15mm readymades today, the only shelflife i really use (except one or two shelflife pop up recipies) i love the smell of the source and they will do the job on my "runs water" when i fancy a break from my "specimin" water which is pretty tricky at the best of times. Also got a few tubs of various sized halibut pellets for my pva mix.

:rolleyes:

Been having a bit of a "splurge" lately. New scales, tripod, rods, and in my search for an "in betweeny" sized reel came across the Wychwood Solace 10 ACS's. I had seen these a while back and was quite tempted by them, they look good and review well but had put all thoughts of them onto the back burner. Carrying out another on-line search last week, I was astounded to find these on offer at £49.99 each. They have a recommend price of £89.99 and the cheapest I had seen them anywhere else before was £69.99. Bit of a bargain, so two of them are on the way to me as I type, and should arrive either today or tomorrow.

Ideal size for my new rods, not too big, not too small. 

C0050_zps6cad017e.jpg

Think you will be waiting a long time for your cup of tea if you are trying to burn vodka, without distilling it first.

They run on any spirit above 40% vol, but are best on a dedicated ethanol, or methanol spirit.

They are suprisingly good, but are not anywhere near as fast as a gas stove to boil water, and they don't seem to like being out in the wind! Very good cheap back up stove though.

I had a bit of a splurge and used the remaining Christmas Vouchers (And a bit more  :wink: )

Avid Carp Transit 5+ Rod Holdall

Two Avid Carp 3/4 padded sleeves

Two Mitchell Avo-Spod reels

Two 17 litre buckets

12lb brown Daiwa sensor

Avid Carp hook beads

Korda mini rig swivels

Fox Rapide Load PVA bag system

You'll be impressed with the fox pva system mate . VERY impressed .