What is your newest purchase

adders60

I did think that would be the impression lol

I have a nasty habit of not being able to walk out a tackle shop without something ending up in my ownership !!

Much like any other red blooded carper :wink: :wink:

My usual on going into a tackle shop seems to be £30.

How that happens I don't know, you suddenly find bits you realise you need, but don't. :lol:

Just went to use my leeda rogue rod pod for about the fourth time and it just snapped on me. The main pole snapped at a weld, very disappointing as its still in mint condition and hasn't been abused.

I bought one of them, poor mans version of jag prolite, did same to me! You get what u pay for. I upgraded to a Nash pocket pod, fantastic bit of kit

Ordered 3 Greys Prodigy GT3's that arrived today 12ft 2.5lb for a bit more sport when i eventually get to fish.

I do love purchasing kit !!!!

Oh and my 2nd Shimano Aerlex 7000 XTA also arrived toady ready for when the Tribal spod 12 ft 5.0 lb'r arrives Tuesday.

I think my Banana braid has got lost in the post darn it.. :evil: :evil:

Problem arose, My Fox rod holdall has reached it's limit so another toy to research..I might see if i can get a holdall just for the Marker & Spod rods save them argueing with the others !

It's like crimbo without the mince pies :mrgreen:

Ordered 3 Greys Prodigy GT3's that arrived today 12ft 2.5lb for a bit more sport when i eventually get to fish.

I do love purchasing kit !!!!

Oh and my 2nd Shimano Aerlex 7000 XTA also arrived toady ready for when the Tribal spod 12 ft 5.0 lb'r arrives Tuesday.

I think my Banana braid has got lost in the post darn it.. :evil: :evil:

Problem arose, My Fox rod holdall has reached it's limit so another toy to research..I might see if i can get a holdall just for the Marker & Spod rods save them argueing with the others !

It's like crimbo without the mince pies :mrgreen:

Nothing worse than your rods getting in a tangle during transport, I have a three rod holdall that can take two rods with out drama, so I use two rod sleeves as well, one for a spomb rod the other for my pop up rod.

Mmm yum! Ian, (or anyone) you ever buy pre-prepared particle mix? I was not very popular at home after the stuff I prepared myself stank the house out. Any websites or companies you'd recommend?

I prefer to make my own, I make some in bulk and freeze it in small bags.

I am lucky that I don't get too many complaints, but I do like the smell, especially hemp.

If you put smelly stuff in your mix, try adding it before bagging rather than during cooking.

Mmm yum! Ian, (or anyone) you ever buy pre-prepared particle mix? I was not very popular at home after the stuff I prepared myself stank the house out. Any websites or companies you'd recommend?

Dan have a look at Cotswold baits . PVA friendly too i believe. :wink:

I finally did it! Visited Fosters of Birmingham with the proceeds of a cash job in my pocket and bought nothing. Zilch.

My son, on the other hand, spent rather a lot of his share of the cash. Almost all of it, in fact. We're doing a long weekend in the Cotswolds weekend after next so he "needed" lots of stuff................ :wink:

Ian

I finally did it! Visited Fosters of Birmingham with the proceeds of a cash job in my pocket and bought nothing. Zilch.

My son, on the other hand, spent rather a lot of his share of the cash. Almost all of it, in fact. We're doing a long weekend in the Cotswolds weekend after next so he "needed" lots of stuff................ :wink:

Ian

after reading your first sentence i hope none of the members on here work for the tax office :oops:  :oops:  :wink:

after reading your first sentence i hope none of the members on here work for the tax office :oops:  :oops:  :wink:

emcee, self assessment and self employment, mate Fully registered and entirely up to date with Her Majesty's Revenue and Customs, bless them and hope that they die painfully very soon.

Ian

emcee, self assessment and self employment, mate Fully registered and entirely up to date with Her Majesty's Revenue and Customs, bless them and hope that they die painfully very soon.

Ian

They're after ME lol

Had a call from my daughter today telling me she has brought me an early birthday present and to expect delivery in the next week or so.

After she heard me and a mate talking about our up coming trip to France and how one of the deeper fishfinders would be good to tow behind the rowing boat but we was dissapointed in the 30m range and as a result it was not worth the money as it would only get used on our French trips. she went home, trawled the internet and came up with one of these and ordered one from the states.

http://store12459.americommerce.com/store/p/26-SP100-T-POD.aspx

Not something that I would really go out and buy for myself, I have never heard or seen these before and from a few youtube videos I have watched this evening it looks like with a range of around 100m and used in conjunction with a marker float or towed behind the baitboat it could be a useful bit of kit.

It will be interesting to see if I get much use  out of it, other than just in France.

Oh and not really a purchase but having seen all the bivvy power packs that seem to be available at the moment and the money that they cost, I decided to have a go at building my own. I already had a spare 21AH battery, so a few mins on ebay and a trip to a local electriclal suppliers, 23 quid and around an hour of my time and this is the result.

IMG_1473_zps4xcec79h.jpg

IMG_1474_zps7bgju7ao.jpg

one of those Trakker Big Snooze Plus Sleeping Bag 2014, Hope its comfy!

I've got one, only used it once so far but I thought it was great. Infact it was a warm evening when I went to bed and to begin with sweating my you know what's off.

Had a call from my daughter today telling me she has brought me an early birthday present and to expect delivery in the next week or so.

After she heard me and a mate talking about our up coming trip to France and how one of the deeper fishfinders would be good to tow behind the rowing boat but we was dissapointed in the 30m range and as a result it was not worth the money as it would only get used on our French trips. she went home, trawled the internet and came up with one of these and ordered one from the states.

http://store12459.americommerce.com/store/p/26-SP100-T-POD.aspx

Not something that I would really go out and buy for myself, I have never heard or seen these before and from a few youtube videos I have watched this evening it looks like with a range of around 100m and used in conjunction with a marker float or towed behind the baitboat it could be a useful bit of kit.

It will be interesting to see if I get much use out of it, other than just in France.

Oh and not really a purchase but having seen all the bivvy power packs that seem to be available at the moment and the money that they cost, I decided to have a go at building my own. I already had a spare 21AH battery, so a few mins on ebay and a trip to a local electriclal suppliers, 23 quid and around an hour of my time and this is the result.

IMG_1473_zps4xcec79h.jpg

IMG_1474_zps7bgju7ao.jpg

Dude! Loving the diy power pack! Will you be posting a 'how to'? :wink: