Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
richierich71

armalite mk1/northwestern rodcraft rods

hi guys im looking for a set of two or three armalite mk1 rods in 2 1/2lb tc

ive got three mk1 terry hearn 12' 9" 3 1/4lb tc to sell or swap with cash ajustment. also if anyone has any northwestern rodcraft rods i may be intrested in a set of these as well prefrebly 12' long range one with full handles..

This thread gives me the idea that at this time of year there ought to be a "Carp Fishing" based panto.

Perhaps we should give some consideration to the cast.....

I'll start-

Panto Dame Widow Twannkey- Tim Paisley (love, you should have seen my Hamlet)

Abanazer the Villain- Danny Fairbrass (boo hiss)

Market Trader (Magic Beans you never knew you needed which have been developed on the bank for months) - Kevin Nash

There must be more.......

Hi Everyone

How do you tell the difference between a mk. 1 and mk. 2 Armalite pls. ?.

With difficulty :wink::lol::lol:

From memory, the original Armalite was a grey carbon cloth, whereas the mk ll had a greener finish in the weave.

The only way to be sure is to check the dates as to when the rods were built and work it back that the mk ll's were on the market in around 1998'ish

Thanks Nick .

I've bought an Armalite 2 3/4 t.c for £40 , and it says Armalite carbon aramid cpt carp 12 ft.

And it looks grey under the weave .

Does the above narrow it down to whether my rod is a mk. 1 or mk. 2 pls. ? . :)

I think it may be check whether there is a weave on the spigot of the rod, if there is, I think that is a mk l as I believe the mk ll didn't have that weave.

The alternative is to ask Century very nicely, info@century.gb.com if that helps.

I have emailed them in the past with queries regarding carbon cloths and manufacture, and have been fortunate enough to have some very good explanations and answers back from Simon Chilcott.