Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
bones46

Daftest trends in carp fishing

Having been (mostly unsuccessfully :( ) chasing carp since the mid 80's I've seen and even followed some really daft things.

Although I respect the view (not really) that some people do things just because they like to, what in all the hells is the evidence for, or point of.....

....folding reel handles when the rods are on the buzzers???

Is there anything dafter than this?

Having been (mostly unsuccessfully :( ) chasing carp since the mid 80's I've seen and even followed some really daft things.

Although I respect the view (not really) that some people do things just because they like to, what in all the hells is the evidence for, or point of.....

Nope ..... Folding handles is just silly :?

Sat with a mate at the lake the other day, for a couple of hours, and noticed he was doing the same.

Middle and Right hand reel handles folded, but left hand one not.

I figured it was because he was using very narrow buzz bars, as grangemilky says. I didn't ask... being out of the game for a while I didn't know if it was new fad and didn't want to look like a noob. :)

Can't do it with my Aero's though, they are the screw type, not the "lever" folding type.

I never even realised that people do fold reel handles ?

Cant say i've even noticed before either .

Spose mr milky's answer is a sensible one , its certainly a reason to do it ?

Got to agree with stevy though . Just silly

Nope ..... Folding handles is just silly :?

I agree. And the excuse that it's because of the small buzz bars is a poor one. Why buy such small buzz bars in the first place :?

Folding handles is just silly!

No one is denying it isn't silly.... But in the world where he who has the narrowest buzz bars is the coolest, you just can't get narrower unless you have a set of Daiwas with the handles folded.

I like the look of a very tight set up, and am fully aware that it is completely rediculous, but I like it, and I like the reaction it seems to get.

No one is denying it isn't silly.... But in the world where he who has the narrowest buzz bars is the coolest, you just can't get narrower unless you have a set of Daiwas with the handles folded.

I like the look of a very tight set up, and am fully aware that it is completely rediculous, but I like it, and I like the reaction it seems to get.

I love the fact that probably the best big fish angler we've had on here over the years has single sticks and points rods at the bait :lol: in saying that if folded floats ya boat then go for it :shock::lol:

Folded reel handles and narrow bars.....Its bad angling and a recipe for a disaster all in the name of 'fashion' Oh dear...

Bad angling? Go on, entertain me...

Of course it's bad angling ..... I was taught a very long time ago that fishing is all about % .... Having close rods and folded handles doesn't give you any advantage whatsoever .... It just looks neat while your brewing up ....

But as said earlier if it floats ya boat who am I too argue

:lol:

The total camo guy.....Another Oh dear moment. I mean come on, it just looks silly.

:lol:

Never really got the point of camo buzzers. :?

Camouflage is a subject which divides the carp fishing world. Trouble is, no one can find the people who are good at it to ask them about it.

I'm waiting for some bright spark to come out with "pebble" camo for the beach anglers. :shock::shock:

I'm not sure they'd fall for it. Carp fishing seems to be full of things like this but less so other branches of the sport.

Can you imagine sea anglers describing a cod as "riggy" or intelligent?

A beach tripod with a spirit level built in?

"COG" leads being cast from the beach?

Me neither!

Cog stands for Centre Of Gravity. Basically, there is a hole drilled in the lead at the heavy end and the end of the rig is plugged into the hole.

The idea is that when you get a take the fish is picking up the lead from the heaviest end first and will hook itself easier.

Bonesy whats a cog lead ? I saw em on ebay & wondered ?

It stands for "centre of gravity" lead.

It looks like a normal "bomb" and attaches in the same way through a swivel, but then the hooklink is attached again at the fat end of the lead, in such a way that the fat end disconnects shortly after the take.

The theory being that lead manufacturers will sell more leads, and the more swivels, beads, silicone, shrink tube etc there is on your rig the more effective it is.

No wait, sorry, the theory being that the fish is more easily hooked by contact with the heavier part of the lead.

Honest gov, I didn't just make that up.

If you want the hooking effect of a heavy lead, use a heavy lead.