Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
bones46

Daftest trends in carp fishing

Milky, by your own admittance you only have the rods realllly close and the handles folded out of vanity and the impression of looking 'cool'

If this carp fishing lark is a game of %'s then by putting extra procedures in place in the interest of looking 'cool' thats got to be a few % lost.

You are a tackle tart who values form over function and that in itself is bad angling. It isnt a fashion parade or competition, that kind of behaviour belongs in the carping comics where it is rife I believe.

By the way, how do you have your hair? :roll:

The point is that thats what i do, it oesn't hinder my fishing, and i am willing to admit that i do it because of the way it looks, and when i like the way it looks it makes me happy, giving me more confidence, and makes me angle better. So by proxy, folding my handles makes me a better angler.

We don't need most of the things we have. I could probably catch just the same amount of fish as i do, with the badger tackle £99 full set up that i stared with. We all could, so why do we have all these expensive shiny things? Because they look good and makes us feel good.

some of the comments on this thread :lol: based on them, then night fishing should be banned as it endangers the fish. the very small .0001 % that you forget to engage the baitrunner clutch, in this weather a twig may fall and jam in the eye :lol: ..if the is a chance that the fish is left towing the rod then how do we prevent us from being BAD ANGLERS?? ...burn the kit( so no one else can be bad) and stay at home.

like milky has said,zipping up the bivvy and your bag is far more dangerous percentage wise than folded handles. tho when i see the left reel folded i do think of them as inferior anglers, :P:lol: as it has no reasonable reason.

pods on hard ground with tight butt grips, now that is a disaster waiting to happen :roll::lol:

The best comoe'd fisher I've ever seen is, the heron. Should all camo be grey then?

Five and six inch back buzz bars are truly sad in my opinion but, what do I know, some people thing they're cool.

Is it more important to look cool than be a competent angler?

Can I hazard a guess on your age milky ?

Sure, go for it.

I was going to say between 25-35 ..... But ill narrow it down to a 5 year gap ..... 27-32 ?

No telling porkies now Milky :wink::lol:

That's a fairly copout guess. Incorrect also. I guess you are somewhere between 13 and 67?

Curious, you talk sense however...you are a Welsh

A Welsh what ?

Even more curious is that some folk think they have to fish the same way as.......... (take your pick, who ever they think is cool I suppose) rather than develop their own angling style.

I can understand that in young people as how else do they learn, other than by trial and error and by copying older or more experienced anglers.

Copying something as pointless as folded reel handles just doesn't seem right to me.

I think its time this thread was locked ?

We should just leave it by saying each to his own because nobody is going to win this "debate".

I've been tempted to get involved in the latter stages of this thread but discovered what i would be up against during the "how serious are you" thread last week .

There is no reason to lock the thread IMHO.

No-one is taking anything the wrong way, and no-one is getting irate.

Healthy debate is good fun; and should make you think and reevaluate your opinions (Even if that reevaluation doesn't actually change your opinion); which, so far, this thread has done.

Thanks for the replies and the enthusiasm!

I posted this on a whim about something that irritated me a little, and now look what's happened!

For me, this illustrates why this forum is so much better than the others- debate and discussion, hilarious banter, no text speak and no one is getting personal, threatening or otherwise.

I salute you all!!!

Now, what's all this about 50mm butt rings........