Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
bones46

Daftest trends in carp fishing

Snag ears on all 3 rods you say?

Snag ears are a great addition to any setup. Not only do they look great but they add that little bit of extra weight to your kit, fantastic when in training!

I like splash mats under reels myself, they look great on a natural bark filled peg!

Oh come on Mate...

You know you only need splash mats under your rods and reels when fishing to keep the grit away from your reels when you have folded handles :wink::lol::lol:

Actually regarding the snag ears, years ago you did fit snag ears to all Optonics. I myself had the ones that you could push up into position (properly you should unscrew slightly :wink: ), and painted them white to be able to see to drop the rod into position more easily.

I'll admit to snag ears on three rods for my ATTs. :oops:

In my defence, I once had three rods all blown off the buzzers in the midst of a gale.

However they were Optonics and I've since realised that the "trough" on the ATTs is almost two inches deep and neither a biblical storm nor a leaping marlin could pull a rod off, so I've taken them off.

So far two of the people slagging off folding reel handles, one has admitted to once buying Basia's, and one has admitted to once having snag ears on all rods. Come one, any more takers? I bet one if you has 50mm butt rings, or fishes a small pond with 3lb+ test curve rods??? Or stainless steel banksticks :lol: what is that all about?

So far two of the people slagging off folding reel handles, one has admitted to once buying Basia's, and one has admitted to once having snag ears on all rods. Come one, any more takers? I bet one if you has 50mm butt rings, or fishes a small pond with 3lb+ test curve rods??? Or stainless steel banksticks :lol: what is that all about?

Ah, but stainless steel banksticks have a very good use, they don't easily bend when forcing them into hard ground, or when the gale force wind is quite able to bend aluminium sticks :shock::oops:

That reminds me, I now need a new pair of stainless sticks after my last aluminium sticks have managed to attain an uneve set from the gales last week!

As for snag ears on my Optonics, you never saw the original depth of the frame you put your rod into? Maybe an inch or so at the most, and the angle of the indicator head was a very even level angle, not a big drop between frame as it is now. The snag ears definitely were needed back then :wink:

https://www.facebook.com/OldSchoolFishingTackle

taverham001.jpg

blah blah blah

The very fact that you keep going on about your buzzers, shows that you are proud of them. Thats what it is all about, being proud of your gear.

Ironically, a lot of the the older tackle you have refered too, is now the tartiest tackle you can own :lol: (see pics below)

As i have mentioned a million times, its about being happy with your own tackle, and the confidence it guves you.

null_zpsa3a31dc4.jpg

IMAG0631_zpse03215f5.jpg

029-1.jpg

008-3.jpg

reel002.jpg

IMG_0053a.jpg

tart003.jpgMessages.asp?TopicID=268619

30k9lb4.jpg

Ok Sam I get it, you've had a lifetime of never being wrong. Leaves you being a little rude as well, i can take that, I work with children..

I don't see at what point i have been rude, arrogant or even wrong? I have never stated what i do is not beneficial for any reason or even tried to justify it, other than i like the way it looks. Others have slagged that off, and i have held my ground about what i do because i get enjoyment from it.

You have attempted to look down on me because i am younger than you, and because i seemingly didn't live in your heyday were fishing was ''not the ridiculous fashion parade its turned into.''

I have never never judged anyone for their tackle or the way they fish, have you?

blah blah blah...Touche!

I do judge people Sam, but only when they give me reason to such as doing silly things like folding their reel handles because it looks cool...Its not about the gear, its how you use it. Mind you I have noticed that you use them ATTTTTS bite alarms that dont beep at the head, now if there was ever a silly invention made to satisfy fashion trends this is it!

I'm not even going to carry on with this incase you make your self look even more of an idiot.

Atts a stupid design? No one else ever hears my alarms. How is that a stupid design?

I'm not even going to carry on with this incase you make your self look even more of an idiot.

Atts a stupid design? No one else ever hears my alarms. How is that a stupid design?

Sam, now theres no need to say I look an idiot, especially with the glass house you live in. And the ATTTTTTS, what happens if the receiver breaks on a week long sesh in the back of beyond?? Shall I draw you a picture?

Would it be the work of an idiot to place his home address on the web for all to see, or pics of some hot (ish) chick semi-naked in his living room, presuming its your living room, very nice too, my mates loved them! Anyone could spread them around and if thats you're bird she might not be for long!

Now run along Sam Lloyd Tbh Son of Josie and make your Photobucket and FB accounts private like any responsible security conscious adult would, I spend half my life explaining the importance of this to children.

You really have a lot to learn Sam, dont worry tho, that comes with age. I'll pop some literature in the post for you eh, being as I have your address....Silly, silly boy..

Anyone wanting a copy of this hot (ish) semi dressed chick or Sam son of Josie's home addy drop me a pm :wink:

I stand by my idiot statement.

LOL

lads, play nicely. this thread has done 4 pages over a day or so..there havent been 4 pages if you added all the post together over the last few months....the mods havent had any thing to mod so their "lock thread finger" is really really twitchy :wink:

Like the old days Beanz, now wheres Ozric and the like!

thats a blast from the past...didnt he move on to a boat with no web access?? or was that another member i cant remember :oops::lol::lol:

Ok Sam I get it, you've had a lifetime of never being wrong. Leaves you being a little rude as well, i can take that, I work with children..

I don't see at what point i have been rude, arrogant or even wrong? I have never stated what i do is not beneficial for any reason or even tried to justify it, other than i like the way it looks. Others have slagged that off, and i have held my ground about what i do because i get enjoyment from it.

You have attempted to look down on me because i am younger than you, and because i seemingly didn't live in your heyday were fishing was ''not the ridiculous fashion parade its turned into.''

I have never never judged anyone for their tackle or the way they fish, have you?

Why do you have such narrow bars that the reels need their handles folded? Is it a confidence or fashion thing? I only ever use a max of two rods myself. I cannot imagine a scenario where I would want my rods that close to each other. Stainless bars are best , they are good for hard ground and last years , 50mm butt rings are ridiculous, I also do not believe (having witnessed how carp anglers always react ) to an alarm being uber sensitive , a lot of the time it seems people will fiddle if they are given something to fiddle with. The alarms that don't beep at the head have pros and cons as has been stated,The price difference on the Nash heads that bleep and don't bleep (£120) makes someone a fool for paying the difference IMHO .

Paying the price we do for bait boats , really, the build quality , reliability and advanced technology required to do the job , sheeesh

BTW you do your own thing Milky , you are not doing any harm.

LOL

lads, play nicely. this thread has done 4 pages over a day or so..there havent been 4 pages if you added all the post together over the last few months....the mods havent had any thing to mod so their "lock thread finger" is really really twitchy :wink:

Quite right. I don't suppose that I'm the only moderator keeping an eye on this thread.

Open debate is to be encouraged and so far that's all I'm seeing so shall we avoid getting to the point where insults start flying, please?

Ian

Open debate is to be encouraged and so far that's all I'm seeing so shall we avoid getting to the point where insults start flying, please?

Ian

Huh? So Patrick threatening to post my (what he thinks) is my personal details to members on here, and post up pictures of some girl (he believes to be my girl friend) on the internet in an intent to split us (lol) up is just a debate? Because he is mad about something?

Does that mean i am allowed to threaten to post up pictures of his Daughter all in the name of debate?

Thankfully i don't feel threated by a man in his mid 40's threatening me on the internet, in fact, i kind of feel sorry for him.

BTW you do your own thing Milky , you are not doing any harm.

thats debatable. not milky individually, but tackle tarts as a group.

this is the time of year when last seasons gear gets sold at getting close to a reasonable cost, as they make space for next seasons 'must have' money spinners.

so whose going to argue that tarts arent responsible for the over pricing of carp tackle?????? :D