Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
johnplumb

Best session for years PHOTO'S ADDED

Just got back from a 48hr session from the lake we have fished for 2 years now , The lake has proved to be quite hard and over the two years

( around 12 x 48hr sessions ) i have managed 7 fish all doubles except one at 24lb my mate had never caught a fish and he is not a bad fisherman . This weekend we used maggots with cell stick mix liquid poured over them and it proved to be a winner i had 3 commons 29.5 lb

( a new pb ) 27lb and 24lb and a little mirror my mate a 26lb common and an 18lb mirror .

All the fish were caught using 3" long basic hair rigs mine were made out of Drenham double strenth mono with large maggot balls tied to the hair with Korda wide gape or curved hooks .

It makes it nicer as only 10 fish were caught from the lake during the whole of October and our hopes were not high . John :D:D

Great result, John. :)

Funnily enough I've just been reading an article in Angling Times about the use of maggots and tweaking them with various additives.

Didn't mention Cell Liquid, though. I shall add it to my mental list of tweaks.

Ian

top result there. im off for 4 night session on wednesday armed with maggots. out of curiosity what colour did you use? i always use red's myself.

We used all white , 17 pints in all but i am convinced it was adding the cell liquid that helped them find the maggies in the dark ( never had a touch in daylight hours )

Thanks all for the kind words , it's the sessions like this that makes all the blanks , packing up in the rain , sitting there in the cold disappear,

I guess if every session was packed with fish it might all get a bit boring.