Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
salokcinnodrog

Bait and Feed co

Please I don't want to get into the 'I told you so' debate, and all that goes with it:

If any one is interested:

http://www.baitandfeedcompany.co.uk/

It may surprise you

Happy Now?

Looks to me like they've shut down and re-opened under another name.

It's happened to countless companies in the current economic climate. It's a way of saving yourself from the creditors and yet keep on trading.

Not sure why you posted the 'Happy Now?' question though other than to incite comments that are in opposition to your first paragraph :?

"Welcome to the website of TB Feeds. We are a fantastic new company offering a comprehensive range of mail order Carp Baits & Bird Feed with a fresh concept of how to provide excellent customer service and a quality of product that is beyond reproach. We offer a full range of carp baits such as boilies, pellets, particles, liquid additives, ground baits and bait making ingredients . Our boilie range is limited to just 3 brands Mainline Baits, Nash Baits and our own exclusive TB Feeds Range. Our birdfeed section offers the most popular selling seeds such as peanuts, wild bird mix, black sunflower seeds, sunflower hearts, niger seedsand and fat balls

The reason we have decided to concentrate our boilie business on just 2 main bait manufacturers is that both Mainline and Nash are synonymous with the highest quality carp baits possible and their baits have caught fish from all over the world for nigh on 20 years. Whilst offering all the mainstream baits from these 2 companies we can customise baits and still make some of the old time favourites, the original Grange from Mainline for example, Monster Pursuit from Nash and the list could go on to include many more."

What a joke! I hate the fact that people can do this. Owe lots of people lots of money and fold the company only to set up a new one. They are no better than a cowboy builder!!!

And what did you tell us Nick?

Nick , i never pointed the finger at the b&f company throughout all the crap the other week because i wanted to give them the benefit of the doubt and because i dont do facebook i'm not party to what was going on between them and mike wilmotts company.

Im still none the wiser really and i shall continue to keep an open mind on the subject if only because i may need to use them one day.

I never even knew they were in financial schtuck ? Unless they reappeared under another name for a different reason of course .

What is there to be happy about ?

And (i have to agree with nigel on this little bit) what DID you tell the forum ?

As an edit what i will say is that if there is anything untoward going on then im surprised that mainline and nash are still dealing with them ?

Or is that your point ?

As an edit what i will say is that if there is anything untoward going on then im surprised that mainline and nash are still dealing with them ?

Or is that your point ?

It's not untoward (Illegal) Newmarket, just immoral and bang out of order to people who have extended you a line of credit that you don't honour.

Now lets not all jump to conclusions which seems to be the current trend here at the moment, if they did go the court and file for bankruptcy there are a number of things the court can order, yes they can fold all of the money owed but they can also make you pay the money back for up to a 15 year period, it all depends on the courts and the official receivers. As we dont know the full story and probably never will its very hard to judge whether bait and feed are at fault or not.

Now lets not all jump to conclusions which seems to be the current trend here at the moment, if they did go the court and file for bankruptcy there are a number of things the court can order, yes they can fold all of the money owed but they can also make you pay the money back for up to a 15 year period, it all depends on the courts and the official receivers. As we dont know the full story and probably never will its very hard to judge whether bait and feed are at fault or not.

What we do know is that they defaulted on monies owed and that they altered the bait that they were supplying. They wouldn't even send one bait company a sample for them to check - of their own baits that B&F would have been rolling for them had they agreed to this term.

Dont know anything about any monies owed but the second point you make nige , about the sample check , you are talking about the bait company you use , am i right ?

If so thats not a new thing is it ?

Sorry dal but your going to have to be a bit more specific for my benefit mate ? Pm me maybe ?

Basically mate, they have run up debts as The Bait & Feed Company and can't pay them.

Unfortunately, this happens to some businesses; despite their best efforts they fail and are never heard from again.

The Bait & Feed Company though have instantly started up trading again as a different company (Which shows that their business wasn't financially unviable), but rather than reshape the business as The Bait and Feed Company, sit down with creditors and agree a payment plan to ensure all monies owed are paid, they have wound up The Bait and Feed Company.

As a Ltd Company, this means they do not have to pay any of their creditors and have started a new business with a clean financial slate.

As far as the letter of the law goes, while it is bending the rules, it isn't breaking them; but it is reprehensible and shows a lack of care to the companies creditors.

They were a Ltd Company so unless any personal assets were used to guarantee loans or credit agreements (Which, jumping to a conclusion :wink: they weren't) then they cannot be personally accountable.

The liquidators (Receivers) will claim all of their company assets to sell and will decide how to distribute it back to the creditors.

Another interesting thread.

Personally I won't use this company, If I want mainline bait, I will buy mainline bait, if I want nash bait it will be from a bag that says nash bait on it.

I agree about starting straight back up in another name, I've seen loads of building company's do it, some several times.

I do not understand how Nash and Mainline knowing this would again have any dealings with them whatsoever? Why would they?

This is really disappointing. I would in my opinion stay very clear of them. They have upset so many customers and people in the trade, im surprised they even think they will get custom again. Every needs to know the truth because honest bait companies produces what they say they do don't get a word in edgeways but these companies that cut there gear to offer a lower prices inferior product are whats wrong with bait in carp fishing. It nearly as bad as selling drugs illegally in my opinion, cutting it etc. I hope they get there just rewards.

I put the thread up as a way of showing that the Bait and Feed co had 'moved on' and were no more.

I was lied to by the company, and I had defended them to the hilt. Now that they have set up under another name, I won't have anything to do with them. It has destroyed my trust in the company or the people involved in such.

Now as it happens, I will quite happily go back to making my own bait or buying the base mix and making that myself. I don't care which I do, especially at the moment being as fishing is such a limited exercise.

I put the thread up as a way of showing that the Bait and Feed co had 'moved on' and were no more.

I was lied to by the company, and I had defended them to the hilt. Now that they have set up under another name, I won't have anything to do with them. It has destroyed my trust in the company or the people involved in such.

Now as it happens, I will quite happily go back to making my own bait or buying the base mix and making that myself. I don't care which I do, especially at the moment being as fishing is such a limited exercise.

I thought for a minute, when I read your first post, that you were trying to defend them again! Glad to see you now know what they are like.

Please I don't want to get into the 'I told you so' debate, and all that goes with it:

It may surprise you

Happy Now?

So we still get a few snide comments come on, at least one of which has been deleted about leadcore, and that is an issue that is still relevant, and which will also get high opinions as to its safety or rather lack of it

I made my point I have said my piece, lets just leave it at that.

It may surprise you

Happy Now?

So we still get a few snide comments come on, at least one of which has been deleted about leadcore, and that is an issue that is still relevant, and which will also get high opinions as to its safety or rather lack of it

I made my point I have said my piece, lets just leave it at that.

Amen to that.

Ian

It may surprise you

thats the bit that confuses....i mean ...who was surprised BnF were cowboy tax dodgers??????????

and how can any one be happy knowing ANOTHER company is screwing the system???.

but fair play nick.sharing that these cowboys are now trading under a different name.