from the kitchen-favourites

nathanhuynh

Sweetcorn :D

I find it really weird cooking sweetcorn now, I'm so used to chucking it in a lake :)

I honestly don't like to eat sweetcorn, it is far better as a bait than as a human food item. Maybe a few grains in my mixed vegetables, but sweetcorn on its own, NO WAY! (probably something to do with it comes out the way it goes in :roll::shock: )

I also have problems using Peperami as bait, although it does get used and added onto pizzas I cook, but when fishing I do end up eating most of it :oops:

I also save all my old bread crusts and dry them out, the basis for many groundbaits :wink:

Then of course, not forgetting the spices that seem to make it into any groundbait.

I find it really weird cooking sweetcorn now, I'm so used to chucking it in a lake :)

I honestly don't like to eat sweetcorn, it is far better as a bait than as a human food item. Maybe a few grains in my mixed vegetables, but sweetcorn on its own, NO WAY! (probably something to do with it comes out the way it goes in :roll::shock: ).

Sweetcorn is fishing bait to me, I couldn't eat it. The smell puts me off!

I honestly don't like to eat sweetcorn, it is far better as a bait than as a human food item. Maybe a few grains in my mixed vegetables, but sweetcorn on its own, NO WAY! (probably something to do with it comes out the way it goes in :roll::shock: ).

It's not just me who is weird then :wink::lol:

Another ingredient for groundbait that is in many kitchens, porridge oats.

can be used as a groundbait in its own right, or mixed with other ingredients. It makes a lovely cloud in the water :!:

can be used as a groundbait in its own right, or mixed with other ingredients. It makes a lovely cloud in the water :!:

Never heard of using porridge oats, but I like the idea, will have to try it.

Most definitely not :wink:

I always pinch the bread lightly toast it then blend it to death into a baking tray and into the oven to dry it right out, to that I add a few spices mainly Indian half bag cheap ground bait and half bag of cheap porridge oats then when I want to use it I damp it down with water and black treacle perfect method mix

• 2 weeks later...

Never heard of using porridge oats, but I like the idea, will have to try it.

Also another good one for groundbait, Weetabix :wink:

From top of section:

http://www.carp.com/carp-forum/viewtopic.php?t=51073

Looks like I'm alone in actually liking sweetcorn as a food source. Corn on the cob, with so much butter on that the stuff runs down my chin. Love it.

I'm reading with interest some of the potential ingredients for ground bait. I've never tried adding spicy stuff to groundbait. Does it work?

Ian