3 Rods = 1 Licence

mickey58

I think you should only pay if you fish rivers or lakes they control, not private

lakes where you pay x amount to fish and they have no control

The EA are responsible for every lake no matter who owns it.

Personally, I think they do a good job with minimal staff and a small budget.

I'm happy to pay for my rod licence; and I'd be happy to pay more if it went up (Provided the extra money raised went directly to the EA).

I think that you should pay per rod, and £20 a year per rod is a fair charge.

They should also change the rules so that your licence runs for 12 months from purchase, not from April to March.

reason i posted this was it was in carpers world mag and it stock cord with me so looked up fb page read then decided to make the post cos to me this is interesting. whils enviroment agency make the money and we harp on about fis safty, with fish best at heart aswell as ctching them. is our money reaLLY going where we think it is. cos our licence covers a hell of alot IMOP and im not biast as i lioke fishing in whole from competion to pike sessiuons to carp week ends and is tough with 2 young kids. a licence i can budget for ie with a nationd and add on but cost effecxtive for my type fishing would mean i pay for what i expect as nwell aS BEING DEDICTED TO FISHING and fish welfARE

reason i posted this was it was in carpers world mag and it stock cord with me so looked up fb page read then decided to make the post cos to me this is interesting. whils enviroment agency make the money and we harp on about fis safty, with fish best at heart aswell as ctching them. is our money reaLLY going where we think it is. cos our licence covers a hell of alot IMOP and im not biast as i lioke fishing in whole from competion to pike sessiuons to carp week ends and is tough with 2 young kids. a licence i can budget for ie with a nationd and add on but cost effecxtive for my type fishing would mean i pay for what i expect as nwell aS BEING DEDICTED TO FISHING and fish welfARE

I've read some of your other posts Mickey , we're we a little bit tired when you posted this one, :lol:

I have no idea what language this is, however, I did read once upon a time, our license fees barely make a mark on the environmental agency's incommings.

I is DE ffo agreees wif ya brother ..... PArty on :shock::lol:

I is DE ffo agreees wif ya brother ..... PArty on :shock::lol:

I is thinking someone had beer goggles on when they wrote this piece lol

I honestly cannot see how hard it would be to bring out a special 3 rod license, £57 isnt alot when you break it down over the year but when we speak about people on budgets it is alot to fork out.

Especially for people like myself who work away alot and only get a few chances a year to get out there, when i do i want to maximise my chances of a fish and get three rods out where possible.

The 3 rod license is the way foward.

Tight lines :)

I honestly cannot see how hard it would be to bring out a special 3 rod license, £57 isnt alot when you break it down over the year but when we speak about people on budgets it is alot to fork out.

Especially for people like myself who work away alot and only get a few chances a year to get out there, when i do i want to maximise my chances of a fish and get three rods out where possible.

The 3 rod license is the way foward.

Tight lines :)

Sorry, but I could not then justify being able to buy a licence to go fishing if it was (for example) £40 for a years licence for 3 rods.

That then becomes money I have to save rather than be able to spend, and as I have a life that comes before fishing, it would likely be money I couldn't afford.

We would be far better to have individual licences, then I have the choice to buy 2 or 3

I cant see why the EA would ever do this, it can only lead to a drop in income for them.

People that fish matches will only buy a licence for one rod, so they will get half the income from these people.

Serious carpers (who might already purchase 2 full price licences at present) would likely buy three single rod licences, so again the EA lose money.

Unless they made the single rod licence about 75% of the price of the current two rod licence (in which case most carpers would be worse off) I cant see them doing it. In these times of cuts/austerity, I cant see a government agency reducing one of its funding streams.