Pranks On The Bank

peteblount

Just never grew up Pete lol. I'll tell you another one. A lad I use to fish with always put a blue tarporline under his bivvy when setting up. One lake we fished together had steep banks to the waters edge but was flat ar the top. This lad use to put his tarporlin all the way down the steep bank about 6 foot from the waters edge. So one night when he was flat out, me and my other mate emptied 2 bottles of washing up liquid all I've the tarporlin and wetted it up a bit.we then go and set his alarm off, he come flying out his bivvy and skids all the way down an his bottom and goes flying into the water about 8ft out into 7ft of water lol. He got out and called us all the names under the sun got all his gear together and went home lol. We didn't hear off him for a mounth. to this day he still doesn't find it funny and no longer fishes. Lol

Ps he took up golf because its less messy lol. :lol:

Just never grew up Pete lol. I'll tell you another one. A lad I use to fish with always put a blue tarporline under his bivvy when setting up. One lake we fished together had steep banks to the waters edge but was flat ar the top. This lad use to put his tarporlin all the way down the steep bank about 6 foot from the waters edge. So one night when he was flat out, me and my other mate emptied 2 bottles of washing up liquid all I've the tarporlin and wetted it up a bit.we then go and set his alarm off, he come flying out his bivvy and skids all the way down an his bottom and goes flying into the water about 8ft out into 7ft of water lol. He got out and called us all the names under the sun got all his gear together and went home lol. We didn't hear off him for a mounth. to this day he still doesn't find it funny and no longer fishes. Lol

Ps he took up golf because its less messy lol. :lol:

Class... smiled all the way through reading that one

Its an oldy but pure gold when done right, namely a length of line ahead of the alarm, and a guy pulling on it till the rod is struck.

Worked great on a long ago non Carp fishing website social, when our fearless leader brought his enormous 3 bedroom tent to bivvy up in. :lol:

Needless to say after several hours of an absolutely classic barbeque all collapsed into their pits ....except the number 1 site joker, who slid up (very unsteadily I might add) and rigged the neccessary on said fearless leaders rod. :twisted:

Seconds later the fun started when he heaved on the line, and the alarm set off on an absolutely majestic "one toner" that woke everyone capable of being woken, and we all congregated around the back of the giant Wendy House to watch........not a lot. :)

At least for several seconds anyway, then we heard the sound of Himself scrambling out of his pit, and running straight into the next bedroom of his canvas mansion. Then the one across the central area, and finally he crawls out of the front door, sweat dripping off him, and strikes into........ absolutely nothing of course. :lol:

Until he became aware of the gales of laughter from the assembled crowd of fifteen Carpists crowded round his tent.

Not just a few sniggers, but total drink fuelled, eye watering, side stitching, roll on the floor, belly laughs. Promptly followed by an absolute dictionary of short Anglo Saxon words from him.

Best use of the reel line trick I have ever seen. :D

BOF :wink:

A friend and I went for a piking session along a fenland drain, dead baits where set things where bit quiet and getting cold, so I thought id walk stretch of the bank with my spinning outfit. must got 200yrds down the bank concentrating on my retrive, when my alarm sounded a sort but positive bleep. I turned looked at my mate comfortably sitting on his chair looking at me as i looked at him I got some interest. I pause too see if any thing going to run of with my makeral, but nothing so i cast out again on the spinner. BEEP BEEP, so now i pull in the spinner fatser than ever and start a slow pace to my dead bait all quiet again so i carry on walking over to it. but all quiet now im half way hmmm spinner out again now the alarm is going mental so im on a jog over to the rod and all goes quiet damn fish. with a slower pace im still going to check it out now then it roars off BEEEEEP BEEEEEPPPPPPPPPP, Im in in my rush for the rod I have failed to see my mate in fits of laughter rolling on the floor. it was funny how it all unfolded, gave us a chuckle the Pike never Showed but we had a good day.

A friend and I went for a piking session along a fenland drain, dead baits where set things where bit quiet and getting cold, so I thought id walk stretch of the bank with my spinning outfit. must got 200yrds down the bank concentrating on my retrive, when my alarm sounded a sort but positive bleep. I turned looked at my mate comfortably sitting on his chair looking at me as i looked at him I got some interest. I pause too see if any thing going to run of with my makeral, but nothing so i cast out again on the spinner. BEEP BEEP, so now i pull in the spinner fatser than ever and start a slow pace to my dead bait all quiet again so i carry on walking over to it. but all quiet now im half way hmmm spinner out again now the alarm is going mental so im on a jog over to the rod and all goes quiet damn fish. with a slower pace im still going to check it out now then it roars off BEEEEEP BEEEEEPPPPPPPPPP, Im in in my rush for the rod I have failed to see my mate in fits of laughter rolling on the floor. it was funny how it all unfolded, gave us a chuckle the Pike never Showed but we had a good day.

Good job you hadn't been on the Shiraz LOL

Good job you hadn't been on the Shiraz LOL

lol ty for reminder :lol::lol:

I friend of mine was due some pay back as he spent most of last year playing pranks on me,so I brought 20 balloons and while he was asleep I blew them up and took them to his car(parked in the lake car park)I tied them all to his car via his wing mirrors,boot latch,wiper blades and door handles..!

The thing is before I did this I also wrote on every balloon in marker pen..I leave that bit to the imagination...!

It was so funny to see people arriving and going in absolute hysterics,they were stopping to look and take photos..!

Like a good sport he took it on the chin and had a good laugh about it.!!

Some the best laughs I've had have not been from pranks on the bank but the actions of others in one way or another.have to admit tho that wiping out welders ( Ian)line by drifting through them gently in a paddle boat in France was a good giggle :lol:

It's a good job I've got a sense of humour. Mind you, it set the stage for a week of extreme silliness.

Ian