Essential B5

tidyboy02

Has anybody been using this as im looking on stocking the freezer up ready for my forthcoming trip to France and my campaign on the water im targeting at the moment.

i have looked at customizing the mix by adding a fruity flavour like cranberry.

i am looking for peoples personal feedback on the bait or alternatives to it?

cheers, i will give it ago the standard way, just liked the idea of having a small change to it but i guess its not like the cell where it is piled in so keeping things with a proven record is a good starting place.

im looking at ordering 20-30kg of barrels in different sizes where is recommended to get they from? straight from Essential or a rolling company?

B5 already contains a fruity flavour...plum. IMO if you want to play about with a bait, don't play with one with such a proven track record and that costs a fortune!

Catcher Baits black crab and fruit will give you a similar bait, the same results, and a fraction of the costs.

Have you used the Catcher baits black crab and fruit? ive just looked at there web site and there is a considerable difference in cost between the to. Do you think the quality is there with the catcher baits as there is with essential?

Its a long time since i change baits as the bait i was using i cant get any longer so im wanting good quality and a proven catcher record.

B5 already contains a fruity flavour...plum. IMO if you want to play about with a bait, don't play with one with such a proven track record and that costs a fortune!

Catcher Baits black crab and fruit will give you a similar bait, the same results, and a fraction of the costs.

Have you used the Catcher baits black crab and fruit? ive just looked at there web site and there is a considerable difference in cost between the to. Do you think the quality is there with the catcher baits as there is with essential?

Its a long time since i change baits as the bait i was using i cant get any longer so im wanting good quality and a proven catcher record.

Absolutely. Why is it so much cheaper? Who knows, probably something to do with them not having huge advertising deals, or supporting 'field testers'

Absolutely. Why is it so much cheaper? Who knows, probably something to do with them not having huge advertising deals, or supporting 'field testers'

Essential baits don't do that much advertising compared to most of the bigger firms. I would guess the price reflects the quality of the ingredients used. The results that people get using it are enough of an advert for them.

Infact, I don't even think they have that many 'sponsored' anglers???

Essential baits don't do that much advertising compared to most of the bigger firms. I would guess the price reflects the quality of the ingredients used. The results that people get using it are enough of an advert for them.

Infact, I don't even think they have that many 'sponsored' anglers???

I really don't know, I just presumed. Being available in shops seems to up bait prices considerably. There must be some huge overhead you are having to pay on top, no ingredience make any bait worth nearly £11 a kilo! Granted you can get it cheaper in bulk.....

The shops do need a share of profit, they wouldn't be there if they didn't. Bait prices have stated pretty consistent over the last few years. I bet the raw ingredients haven't had such a stable price?

There are some budget baits that I am sure are good catchers of fish. I just like the reassurance that I am in a quality, proven bait so that I can worry about other things.

Very true emcee. Didn't think of that lol. I think he came up with the high usage of glm powder etc. If he didn't design it it would again be another carp angling controversy. Cant see why you would put your name on something you didn't design even if it was for the money. Like terry Hearn and the source. Design by Marcus watts. Same with loads of other baits. :( sad to be honest. I hope he did design it. Id be disappointed if not very disappointed... Geoff bowers seems to have designed or created nearly every bait for sale lol. Well seems like it, of topic but he must make baits for 50% of uk bait companies at least. I make all my base mixes from scratch which includes grinding ingredients and mixing them etc. Id hope that would count as designing creating baits. Lol

Mike willmott carp bait god. Its worked for years i wouldn't change it if i used it.
but was it mike willmott who designed it??? :wink::wink::wink:

Does Mike Willmott use it :wink::wink::wink:

So are you saying that he didn't formulate it emcee, or use it milky???

I just mean about not using it. I'm not stating any facts, just hearsay. But he has been fishing a water near me, and I have heard on the grapevine he uses his own mix that isn't published. Which is completely fair cop, he puts a tremendous amount of effort into fishing the lake in question, a lake I have walked a million times but never wet a line! He puts in a lot of bait, so why would he use a bait that is synonymous to him, for others to reap his rewards!

Wether he uses it else where I couldn't tell you. Not could I tell you I what I jut told you is completely true!

Mike willmott carp bait god. Its worked for years i wouldn't change it if i used it.
but was it mike willmott who designed it??? :wink::wink::wink:

Does Mike Willmott use it :wink::wink::wink:

So are you saying that he didn't formulate it emcee, or use it milky???

like milky has said, its only hear say but i heard a rumour that when he fished ashlea pool along with john baker they used a bait put together mainly by john and partly by mike. john brought out his bio shellfish and mike brought out b5. good angling friends then became enemies. how true it is i dont know but ive heard it on more than one occasion. that said i dont deny he knows his stuff. must admit im not overly bothered by who designed my bait, as long as it catches im happy

• 2 weeks later...