Shimano ST6000 RA or Wychwood Riot?

sampo

First post on here so go easy, but i currently fish with a pair of Shimano 6000's, and have been looking at the wychwood riots.

I am considering buying a pair of riots and flogging the shimanos. They just feel very plasticy and i cant get on with the double grip handle. If i am advised to keep them, i may just buy a couple of 10000 spools and load them up.

Does anybody have any experience that could advise me either way? I am aware that the shimanos are very good, reliable reels which are used by many, but to me they just dont feel like good quality.

Cheers, Joe.

I don't think that 10000 spools will fit 6000 reels :wink:

I would much rather have the ST6000 Shimano over Wychood reels. A mate had a pair of Wychwood reels, and within a short while, they died a death. The clutch system failed dramatically, and they were shortly replaced with ST's.

Shimano make look plasticky, and the handle may seem awkward, but now I've gone back to them, they feel natural, even after going back from a big single handle Shimano.

I've had the riots and the exorcists when i started out, no problems with either, good entry level reels.

I've since upgraded to shimano which i hope will last me many years to come. my marker reel is the Shimano Beastmaster 7000 XTA Baitrunner spool II , but more than adequate for using on your fishing rods, i wasn't sure about the dual drag but soon began to like it , shop around and you can find them for £70

for me the best reels in that price range of got to be the daiwa crosscast x, they are 89.99 so top end but look and feel like a much more expensive reel!!! i am looking at upgrading myself from my shimano 8000 aero gtes but will keep hold of the shimanos as they are awesome reels what last for years!!! to be fair the only reason i am wanting to upgrade is to be a bit tarty and try big pits!!! will probably end up going back to the shimanos for the majority of my fishing.

I've had a pair of Riot 65's for about 3 years now.....Brilliant reels.

Clutch is good, line lay is good, line clip is good.

Have had them locked up solid in hit n hold situations and never had a problem.

Looking to buy a spod & marker set up at some point and may well go for wychwood reels again on these.

How far you fishing usually? do you need to cast 100yrds plus?

that size of fish isnt a problem, do you fish in really weedy waters/snags?

ive done a quick vid on YouTube on the Sonik Tournos8000 which after unboxing look like cracking its of kit, but time will tell, the value is superb on these as well and suit all my fishing types.

ben