Sure I have posted on here before about it. The Nash trax range. I have the metro, supposedly its for day sessions, but it's massive! And there are two bigger! Build quality is fantastic, especially considering its Nash! It looks completely baddass with its off road tyre :lol: and its very well balanced and easy to push.

Honestly, it makes the carp porters look and feel like utter crap.

Cheers for the info, I am liking the look of the nash to be honest, does the metro come with sidebars as standard

However the prestige carp porter mk 2 doesn't look bad at all for the price, just the wheel looks a bit small

Metro doesn't have sidebars. Tbh that's why I went for it, side bars just get in the way for me.

.....the prestige carp porters are the best out there in my opinion

I agree. They're not the market leader by coincidence :wink:

.....However the prestige carp porter mk 2 doesn't look bad at all for the price, just the wheel looks a bit small

You need to go to the tackle shop and look at them as the wheels are not small.

You can also upgrade to the fatboy wheel which is well chunky.

I've got the carp porter with the fat boy wheel and it does the job.. but I can see where milky is coming from I dont think the build quality is brilliant .
Got the same and love it - don't know where you're getting the build quality issue from tbh.

Got their front food bag to - cant fault it - top notch!

Carp porter have always been the best and still are as far as I'm concerned

I've got the carp porter with the fat boy wheel and it does the job.. but I can see where milky is coming from I dont think the build quality is brilliant .
Got the same and love it - don't know where you're getting the build quality issue from tbh.

Got their front food bag to - cant fault it - top notch!

Carp porter have always been the best and still are as far as I'm concerned

I concur.

I've got the bait bag as well. Great quality in that too.

Don't get me wrong I like mine ,like you both got the under/ slung bag which is really useful ... but the quality of the threads on the screws isn't great and can see them giving up at some point, also rust is starting to appear in certain places.
Think the frame is guaranteed for life isn't it?

Don't think I have any rust yet and had it for 3 -4 years (not that long I appreciate), then I do dry all my kit very well after use.

Was chuffed to get the generous pack of spares - nice touch, not lost anything yet though

My food bag is my favourite bit of kit lol - what does that say?

carp porter quality is poor. these comments are based on my one year old m4. the paint comes off very easy. the sheet steel used for the hinge brackets etc is too thin and the locking pins fit badly on the wheel and rear leg. dont lock in properly resulting in it collapsing.

the fatboy wheel has a problem with the valve hole. it is razor sharp and if for any reason the tube slips round it cuts through the valve stem. the sponge rubber grips are held on by a pop rivet. if you have call to pull the barrow backwards under any pressure the rivet rips out. all these points are easily remedied but carp porter were not interested when I spoke to them. there customer service is poor also. are they still made in the uk really ? not just designed but made ?

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

for years i had a daiwa infinty barrow, lots of guys on here slated them,but i always thought it was good....until recently i when i got a avid transit X....i now know what leggs, and others were on about  :wink: .

the avid with the bags over he wheel is a touch of class, load them with water bottles or other heavy items and load all your gear on and  its so easy to push over the roughest routes to a swim.

loading is a easy , no more balancing bags  :D

carp porter quality is poor. these comments are based on my one year old m4. the paint comes off very easy. the sheet steel used for the hinge brackets etc is too thin and the locking pins fit badly on the wheel and rear leg. dont lock in properly resulting in it collapsing.

the fatboy wheel has a problem with the valve hole. it is razor sharp and if for any reason the tube slips round it cuts through the valve stem. the sponge rubber grips are held on by a pop rivet. if you have call to pull the barrow backwards under any pressure the rivet rips out. all these points are easily remedied but carp porter were not interested when I spoke to them. there customer service is poor also. are they still made in the uk really ? not just designed but made ?

Keith, yours must be more recent than mine which is around 6-7 years old. It suffers from none of the problems or design faults you mention.

The sticker on mine says Made in UK but I've noticed that more recent ones only claim Designed in UK.

Chinese, I'm guessing. :roll:

Ian

Keith, yours must be more recent than mine which is around 6-7 years old. It suffers from none of the problems or design faults you mention.

The sticker on mine says Made in UK but I've noticed that more recent ones only claim Designed in UK.

Chinese, I'm guessing. :roll:

Ian

Mine is also an older one, and has none of these issues that muscle has reported.

I'd personally say their customer service was excellent when I had an issue.

One of the handles broke, out of warrenty. Their office was only down the road from where I use to work, so I dropped it in there, and within 5 minutes, it was fixed. No questions asked.