Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
mickey58

whats your oppion

after reading saloks thread and SW`s earlier in the week id like to share this with you all, i am not speaking from experience from this yet i have not had the opportunity to. my reason for sharing this is when it comes down to the end tackle there is so much out there and it gets the lesser experienced anglers like my self flummoxed. so im hoping that the link will be of benefit to some of us carpers that get done or liners with not much indication to whats gone on on the end of our line. any of you more experienced carpers i would be greatly appreciated for your views also. to me it makes alot sense in this set up and would give me much more confidance.

in that case my apologies. just thought it that may be of use to the likes of me on the site as well as the oppions of some the more experienced guys who may have first hand knowledge with this. :o

No need to apologise mate I liked the bit where he leaves the tag end

This is worth a watch

similar to the other but the ending is an eye opener.

Personally i'd only use an inline on a firm bottom, if it was soft and the lead plugged the hooklink could loop up compromising presentation.

If it was a soft bottom changing to a running ring would be my choice, pic 3 on this list,

http://www.carp.com/carp-forum/viewtopic.php?t=29667&view=previous

oh and the tag end trick is a must for me :wink:

This is worth a watch

similar to the other but the ending is an eye opener.

Personally i'd only use an inline on a firm bottom, if it was soft and the lead plugged the hooklink could loop up compromising presentation.

If it was a soft bottom changing to a running ring would be my choice, pic 3 on this list,

http://www.carp.com/carp-forum/viewtopic.php?t=29667&view=previous

oh and the tag end trick is a must for me :wink:

Tbh his test was a waste of time, unless you are fishing for land carp. The resistance of water will act as a fulcrum, and do pretty much the same job as the lead in that clip.

Thanks for posting this up, I am going to give this rig a try!

Do you think lead size matters? Do you think that the lead needs to be heavy? Only asking as am fishing a canal so don't need to cast far and I usually use 1.5 oz leads really! Not sure if he uses the heavy lead to help with hooking or jus because he is fishing at distance!

What is your thoughts on this???

nice clips both of them, can't comment on thier rigs much as watching on silent as i'm putting my son to bed! but from what i saw compared to a knotless knot I wonder how much difference it would really make? i guess i need to hear what he has to say!!

Mr Grange, I appreciate what you said about the second clip, had to look up the meaning of fulcrum :oops::roll: