Known / named fish - which one would you love to catch??!

wk9187

I've been catching up on my reading recently and have been working my way through "still searching" & "bivvy tramps" with "big carp legends" and "my misspent youth" still to go.

These books got me thinking about which carp I would like to catch the most, and why it would be that fish above all others.

I don't think I will be able to decided as there are some tough choices to make, but though I would see what the rest of you though, so...

If you could catch any famous carp (past or preset) which one would it be and why?

The black mirror, Mary, and heather the leather. :P

Not really aware of any living (well publicised) fish, I would go after.

black mirror for mr too, the picture of dave lane with it, it just looks awesome. not mary for me though but marys mate and cluster, both from wraysbury back in the day

Creature, Bluebell Lakes' - sadly gone but an awesome beast that will live on in my head.

A wrong'un :(

\

Sorry about that, forgot to trace the origins back to fingerling, silly me - I'll ask you what I'm allowed to like the look of next time.........

Jesus. You are allowed to like always ultra, in fact any thing from the always range should help.

Creature, Bluebell Lakes' - sadly gone but an awesome beast that will live on in my head.

Why?

Imported fish, from Holland, or Belgium, or France or somewhere. Although my comment of it being a wrong'un was supposed to be toungue in cheek, still for those reasons, I wouldn't want to target a fish of those oragins.

\

Sorry about that, forgot to trace the origins back to fingerling, silly me - I'll ask you what I'm allowed to like the look of next time.........

Jesus. You are allowed to like always ultra, in fact any thing from the always range should help.

Stick your angling politics, no need in a thread like this

I'll ignore your last comment

I would had loved to have caught Mary, a stunning fish.

Does anybody know of any fish still alive of the same caliber as all the other fish mentioned?

depends on what calibre really is, I guess there's a lot of very old fish out there, that are very special but overlooked. Or is it more about blood lines or history venues - in which case not so many

I would had loved to have caught Mary, a stunning fish.

Does anybody know of any fish still alive of the same caliber as all the other fish mentioned?

The Client is still alive I believe?

However, I believe the appeal of many of the fish mentioned here, , is probably because they are dead, and we have all read so much about them through others rose tinted glasses.

I remember an article in Carp World about an old fish Nick Helleur had from an unpressured water that was very old, think it was The Italian - or Blue Fish. I guess that fish would qualify as special enough. He seems to chase special fish - a bit more under the radar.

Reminded me of a story of a 40+ fish called the blue pig from Barnstone Notts - was a club water that I started fishing about 6 years ago. Made it interesting learning of some of the names that went after that fish many years ago - but also wondering if any of the present fish were of the same bloodline - which I believe was Italian.

I don't really care to be honest.

If it's on my hook, I'm happy :D

I agree , its not really something i'm bothered about tbh ...

As long as its fit and healthy is all that matters . I wouldnt knowingly fish for one of those ugly fat piggy looking things that look like its had botox.

A carp nobodys ever seen before would be nice i spose ...

I don't really care to be honest.

If it's on my hook, I'm happy :D

I agree , its not really something i'm bothered about tbh ...

As long as its fit and healthy is all that matters . I wouldnt knowingly fish for one of those ugly fat piggy looking things that look like its had botox.

A carp nobodys ever seen before would be nice i spose ...

Agree with both comments. I just don't care about titles. They're fish so that's what I call them.

Tim's notion of a previously uncaught fish would be nice but not essential to me. I just go fishing, not trophy hunting.

Ian