Average cost of a session

blanksalot

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was actually going to start up a thread dedicated to chickens but thought i'd hijack this one instead :D

Good man - or should I say cocka-doodle-doo!

Anybody else care to chook their sixpence worth in ? :D

They're too chicken

:oops:

Or their a bunch of layers :oops:

I'll get me coat ...

I have no doubt that freshly laid eggs will give you a little edge in your boilies.

However, and this is probably the only ingredient that would make me say this, I'd rather them in the pan than the bait.

We don't have any of our own chickens; but I'm lucky enough to have a mate who lives on a farm with quite a few chickens and I regularly get a dozen eggs the day they are laid. Absolutely scrumptious.

We went to the local farm the weekend before last and were lucky enough to get the first two goose eggs laid this year.

If you like a decent egg, then a goose egg is the Holy Grail. Absolutely fantastic!

With reference to the rollijng my own baits being cheaper, it might not be for everyone but i can get mix and all the bits needed on the cheap, which i forgot to mention, so it is cheaper for me to make my own.

And in the long run saving alot of money, problem solved!!!

That's what we all told our mrs's! Fact is, when you have had the hob running flat out for 2 hours, and your curtains smell of pre-digested fish meal, it ends up costing you a lot more money in other areas!

With reference to the rollijng my own baits being cheaper, it might not be for everyone but i can get mix and all the bits needed on the cheap, which i forgot to mention, so it is cheaper for me to make my own.

And in the long run saving alot of money, problem solved!!!

That's what we all told our mrs's! Fact is, when you have had the hob running flat out for 2 hours, and your curtains smell of pre-digested fish meal, it ends up costing you a lot more money in other areas!

That is something people forget, the cost of production at home. Using a gas or electric hob certainly goes through few quid when you are making 10kilos of bait a week.

As for the cost of buying eggs, I definitely wouldn't be buying them from a supermarket, they are darn expensive compared to greengrocers, butchers or even egg farms

This is why I like to go with bulk

vitalin - 10kg around £15 (Can't find the 15kg bags local)

Maize - 20kg sack around £12

Bran - 20kg sack around £9

Halibut pellets - 20kg sack around £39

Add to these a few liquid flavours or things like condensed milk, sugar, cream style corn etc.

Saves a fortune. Use the boilies as a hook bait.

Honestly, I've been through the whole cheaper baits thing. But my catch rate is never a high as straight boilie. At the right time of year Catcher Baits do £65 for 12kg of boilie. A much better investment in my eyes.

Your almost certainley correct mr milky but buying boilies in bulk is all about having the dosh at the right time isnt it ?

I mean , in a financial emergency , we could make do with maize and maize alone and still probably catch fish .

When i could afford it a while back i filled my freezer and copped 35 k of shelf lifes as back up on a cc moore deal .

When they are gone they are gone . I'll personally not be able to come up with that sort of money for the forseeable future so am considering going down the particle route as it can be bought in dribs and drabs as when the dosh is available.

Having said that frosty , i wouldnt be slinging in kilos of particles and fishing boilies as a hookbait .

But thats another thread ...

A bit of a late response. Just catching up with the whole thread. Usually I fish my baits above as a method mix so it's a boillie below the bait ball rather than among a whole mass of spodded partciles.