I ended the session a blank too. As said every session is a learning curve. I reeled the rods in and around the one of the leads was a few strands of Canadian pond weed. There was plenty of bloodworm around the strands too. So could this be an indicator to what hook bait and loose feed should be?

Jamie

Just take from it that there is natural food there, and it being a place they will come to find food. You will never ever emulate that natural food source, so don't even try, present what ever bait you want, in the most appropriate way on that spot.

It was my first night session the Friday just gone and it went well, got set up for 6pm and didn't have a bite until 1am then the left rod went screaming then soon as I hit it, it just headed straight to the weeds and it was lost with in seconds of going in there. Castes out again and with in 30 seconds the same rod went off and I couldn't believe it the hook pulled out about 4/5 metres from the net then as soon as I casted out the right rod went screaming which I landed perfectly, 12lb mirror, caught on nutrabaits pop-ups. Hopefully better weekend next weekend :wink:

It was my first night session the Friday just gone and it went well, got set up for 6pm and didn't have a bite until 1am then the left rod went screaming then soon as I hit it, it just headed straight to the weeds and it was lost with in seconds of going in there. Castes out again and with in 30 seconds the same rod went off and I couldn't believe it the hook pulled out about 4/5 metres from the net then as soon as I casted out the right rod went screaming which I landed perfectly, 12lb mirror, caught on nutrabaits pop-ups. Hopefully better weekend next weekend :wink:

Shame about the most fish, but you landed one as well so all's good 8)

Yep! My first trip aswel last Friday at whelford pools got there jus b4 dark had a nice 16lb common 230 in the morning feels good to hear the alarms again cell halo did the trick on a ace kicker rig with crushed cell n pellets in a PVA stick

Sounds like a great first trip 8)

I always find it amazing that my alarms wake me up straight away and yet my alarm for work is much louder and takes an age to wake me up :?

I had my first session on Friday. Only a 24hr through to midday Saturday.

Weather was lovely during the day but did cool down considerably at night.

Only had the one fish but it was a lovely 23lb common. Came out at 12:20am to a spicy chilli boilie.

Thing is, I just can't wait to get back on the bank now!!!!