Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Reel Em In Rick

Bank Sticks or Rod Pods ?

Do you prefer to use bank sticks or a rod pod, why do you use one and not the other ?

I nearly always use goalpost system buzzer bars. However my complete pod can be used as a pod, or as banksticks.

If I can get the sticks into the ground then I won't use the pod. If however I have to use the pod, then I will do so.

I prefer to use a pod. It doesn't take very long to set up and makes no disturbance on harder ground venues. I use a buzz bar on banksticks where the ground is really soft. The buzz bars I use just come straight of the pod onto a stick so no messing about.

"Pods for nods" haha I'm gonna use that saying tomorrow night with someone.

I just use bank sticks, very rare I come across a place what has hard ground n if I end up on a peg what's full of stones they get put in at any angle n left there.

Yeah pod for me too. I have the nash 4-play so if I want to use the buzz bars i take the middle section of the pod and have a goal post set up, which I've never done but could do.

????? ,Does no one cut a Y hazel from the hedgerow any more ,????.

If I'm down at the lake single rod stalking and need a rod rest, I prefer not to cut a branch off a tree, but will happily use a deadfall branch :wink:

Is it hazel, willow and alder that can grow fresh roots from shoots or cut branches?

depends where i am tbh. sometimes only a pod can be used, if poss then sticks for me

Same here. Prefer single sticks, usually scattered around my swim in apparently random style. I like the separation and room to manoeuvre.

Ian

depends where i am tbh. sometimes only a pod can be used, if poss then sticks for me

Same here. Prefer single sticks, usually scattered around my swim in apparently random style. I like the separation and room to manoeuvre.

Ian

Not more than 6 feet apart I hope!

Ian

Not more than 6 feet apart I hope!

No, mate. Wherever possible I'll set them in such a way as to give me good access from either side but still within arm's reach of each other.

I learned this from my first visit to Rushes Lake, near Le Mans. Twice in a week I had takes on two rods, almost simultaneously. Both times were in the early hours and both times my son, in the next swim, was sound asleep and snoring so I was left to my own devices. Now that was a laugh..........

Ian