Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Back after 30 plus years and things are not the same. We used to buy line in breaking strain, a pole was someone from Europe, boillies were how you made coffee, we did not litter the lakebed with leads, carp and zander were in the minority and people in bivvies' were a weird bunch,  and so on. But it is great to be back even though it took a major accident to give me the time. Anyway I have started into carp fishing by accident, caught double and I was hooked. I live in Newport South wales and I am looking for fishing spots with easy access due to mobility problems, I have found Mathern Mill which is great as I can park right next to my peg. So if anyone knows of any good places ( without the CLICK brigades) I would be more than happy to give them a try. If we can stay within 30 miles of Newport that would be great. Many thanks for any ideas, David F.

Hello. In the carp world we still buy line by breaking strain, (wrongly IMO) and lots of the boilies some of use use are the same recepies from the 80's!! I don't think down to the roots things have changed all that much, but everyone is on thebsame pagebthese days, therebis information everywhere, and safety has come on in leaps and bounds! Welcome back!