Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Ginger9991

Recommendations on bite alarms

Hi all,

Im looking for a set of bite alarms (3), now a few times a year i will fish from a lodge cabin so would like to get a transmitter thing BUT it needs to be wireless as i tend to fish with my rods on banksticks and well spread out.......Can anyone recommend any? I dont really want to go above £200! Thanks all.

Your going to get a million and one different suggestions here mate but MAY I suggest fox alarms ?

Imo they are reliable and you can pick up some good quality models at very reasonable prices .

I'm still using my fox eos alarms and they have never let me down .

As for transmitter , most alarms including fox' are compatible with the attx transmitters mk 1 or 2 .

Again , very reasonable second hand on ebay especially the mark 1 attx .

Your going to get a million and one different suggestions here mate but MAY I suggest fox alarms ?

Imo they are reliable and you can pick up some good quality models at very reasonable prices .

I'm still using my fox eos alarms and they have never let me down .

As for transmitter , most alarms including fox' are compatible with the attx transmitters mk 1 or 2 .

Again , very reasonable second hand on ebay especially the mark 1 attx .

I'd say have a look at Delkim EV's wireless models. Do the alarms you currently have work with the Attx dongle and receiver?

I use standard Delkims, and got the Attx to fit them. The dongles are different for Delkim to Fox (2.5 and 3.5mm not necessarily in that order :wink:  :lol:  ), and they will often be able to plug into other alarms that have the sounder box attachment.

I'd say have a look at Delkim EV's wireless models. Do the alarms you currently have work with the Attx dongle and receiver?

I use standard Delkims, and got the Attx to fit them. The dongles are different for Delkim to Fox (2.5 and 3.5mm not necessarily in that order :wink:  :lol:  ), and they will often be able to plug into other alarms that have the sounder box attachment.

I knew you'd suggest the delkims nick but didnt mention 'em cos i saw the fellas budget .

Could your idea be done on £200 ?

EV plus can be had for about £55, not sure about receiver though. With me, it is a case of I know the product works, and I have not had reliability problems, although others may have had issues. I know the budget, but is it possible to save up to get the best?

If you do have to stick to that price mark, I'm also thinking of TFG Reactions, or even Dave Lane Mag Runners. (I would go for the Dave Lane version personally), or even Ron Thompson's which strangely look very similar to the Mag Runners.

be nice to see other views on some of these cheaper alarm ranges :wink:

Cheers lads, £200 is as much as im looking to go if im honest, I could go more but i dont really want to.

I looked at the Fox 3 rod set for £200 MR+ maybe, but all 3 had the same tone, to have the tone option would be an upgrade to the £300 kit. Like i say i would only use the receiver a few times a year so it isnt massively important but having the functionality to put the facility for a receiver is. I have little to no knowledge of bite alarms as up until now i have used some really old school optonics that have been in the family for about 20 years! great alarms unfortunatly they are starting to break now. So any opinion is valid and welcome! the less i spend on the alarms....the more i spend on my rods!

done around 250 nights last 2 years with the atts from baking sun to minus 5 and not a dot of bother. only times they bleep is when you get a run (delkims in the rain anyone!) im still on the same batterys they came with from erics. i dropped one in the lake last year, took me a good 10 mins to fish it out, and still no problems!!

And for that , ginger , you get the added bonus of the using the transmitter every time you go fishing .

Whether you like it or not lol

It's the size of a pack of fags. I don't see what people's issues with it are. I carry round mine in my top pocket turned right down. No matter where I am, I can hear it, no one else can!

I detest hearing people's alarms!

It's the size of a pack of fags. I don't see what people's issues with it are. I carry round mine in my top pocket turned right down. No matter where I am, I can hear it, no one else can!

I detest hearing people's alarms!

No issues with 'em mate , in fact i probably wouldnt mind a set myself .

I just was remembering a quite recent thread where people were actually moaning about it and it tickled me tbh

I went for the Solace, Cant turn them on yet because im at work, but will use them this weekend at a new water......Hopefully i dont blank and i can give a useful review. It is the first time im on this water and i think its 20 odd acres so dont count your chickens. These alarms are unbelievely small!

I have a set of 3 Sundridge alarms with receiver (the model before the current G1's). They've lasted me 4 years so far and are as good as new. Cost £100 new.

They're not as popular/fashionable/good? as Delkims and the like, but they work.

Having said that, I am getting more into shiny things, so will probably go the tackle tart route and go for Delkims next :wink:

Got to use my new Solice alarms this weekend, Unfortunately i didnt get to use them in anger, but i did manage to test them out with a few bream.

Anyway, These alarms are VERY small, come with a little sleeve each which is pretty nice. Good range on the volume and i thought the tones are ok as well, 6 different settings (i like to have each alarm with a different sound). The sensitivity is really good, I had them all on 1 (most sensitive), however due to the bream messing me around i changed the setting to 2, which was great as i didnt get as many beeps from the bream. 

The light on them in awesome, lite the bank up nicely so i could tell exactly what rod it was from the bivvy. Overall a very good alarm and happy with them. I will by snag ears for them as i think if i was fishing in the margin and got a really aggressive bite the fish could pull the rod off the alarms a bit to easy.!