The Future

theobeeus

Cheap compact, accurate Laser range finders. Find the exact distance to the gap in the trees on a far margin. Measure out and clip up using distance sticks. And hit the spot first time. Or a similar more accurate app using Google earth. 

Hybrid multiplier/fixed spool reels. Fixed spool Reels you can turn sideways and cast like a multiplier.

14ft rods!

Cheap compact, accurate Laser range finders. Find the exact distance to the gap in the trees on a far margin. Measure out and clip up using distance sticks...

That's a great idea. We use laser measures that are about 9% accurate, never thought of using them to try and measure casting distances. Think I'll have to give it a go  :idea: :thumbs:

That's a great idea. We use laser measures that are about 9% accurate, never thought of using them to try and measure casting distances. Think I'll have to give it a go  :idea: :thumbs:

That's supposed to say 98% accurate, not 9%  :oops:

I would have edited my original post but that option doesn't seem to be available  :?

I've been using a Laser Measure Finder for a fair few years already :wink:

Found it more accurate than Google Earth. While Google Earth is accurate to a point, you can't can't get the exact spot to spot as you can with a laser finder.

Any developments will likely come from new rod building materials I reckon.

Alarms have probably gone as far as they need to, although electronic components will be tiny soon, microscopic. You don't want to make them alarms any smaller :wink:  :lol:

Reels, lighter, less metal used in their construction, more plastics, but will they last?

I think that more realistically , tackle companies or should i say the source of their materials can only be looking at anything that is smaller , lighter and better quality and therefore more expensive with which to tempt us .

As far as the fishing itself , i predict everything will continue to go round in circles and re-invent itself every few years .

Side hooking baits for example ...

I fear most is carp puddles full of bloated French carp, surrounded by yuppies who wouldn't know a barbel from a banana, who catch a meaningless 50, and open a bait company the following week or being priced out of fishing by some half empty gravel pit with five fish in it. The future is in your hands, watch what you are doing my friends. Be careful what you wish for.

The future? You sure this hasnt already happened??

:rolleyes:

There is a syndicate water I go past most days when walking the dog, I know I’ll never get on it, one reason is the price, the other is a load of sheep on the same land, no way I’m gonna be able to take my dog. I'd love to guest fish it, but I know a couple of blokes that fish it and the owner is not the sort of bloke that calls the police in, if you get what I mean.
There are some very nice fish in there too, I was watching them cruise around the pool last summer.