How do I use this?

nathanhuynh

Hi, I only just bought a korda eazi stick for my 20mm baits for long range baiting. But...I can't get my head around how to use it. Every time I try the bait simply shatters on the ground infront of me. How do I use it and are there any pointers to get bait further with it? Thankyou

It's all about practice. Be prepared to throw a lot of bait about 2 foot in front of you before you get the hang of it.

Mine nearly got smashed a few times when I first got it, I got so infuriated  :evil:  :oops:

Even now it very rarely comes out because it engenders a feeling of hate  :oops:

Stiff wrist is the key,

always wondered if yours was a bit limp being a gooner  :P  :mrgreen:

Definitely a knack to a throwing stick, and not all throwing sticks are the same.

I use an (original, when it was) Cobra stick, and I get on with it no problems, putting bait out well over 100metres if required (Nash Tackle now has the Cobra name, so they may have got Nina Sansome's designs as well as the little Nash 'tics' or improvements). However I used a Korda Eazi stick, and the technique is different, in fact the only way I could get it to work for me was the 2 handed method.

Practise, practise and practise. Make sure your boilies are the right size for the stick, don't stick 14's in a stick designed for 20mm boilies and expect them to go as well as a 20mm bait. If you try it, they will swerve and curl all over the place, and definitely land shorter than you expect. They will fire out, but not as well.

Look above your target spot, at a far bank marker and actually aim for that, rather than the marker float, but keep an eye that you are hitting your marker float area.

Also make sure that your baits are perfectly round, or you will find they go at some lovely curves and spin off in weird directions.

practice is the key I used to go to a field just up the road with a bucket and a load of old bait put the bucket at different distance`s and  use all the bait up aiming at the bucket I don`t fish a lot of big lakes so I don`t need to use the throwing stick to put a bait longer then 100yrds but up to 60 to 80yrds I can get a lot of bait out in to a spot the size of an umbrella with no problems at all another little trick is to just dip your throwing stick in the lake to stop the baits splitting in flight also help`s stop the bait spinning to much.. easy after a bit of practice

Yup, tis all about practise.........but wow do they shoot out when you get the knack!

I made my own sticks using pvc water pipe, both are the same length but with slightly different curves and respond completely differently.

Get urself over to a large lake or playing field, make sure no one is nearby and just to it.  

Make a point of trying a differing stance, hand hold, acceleration point on each try.

Many years ago, my Dad was picking up bright red Richworth strawberry Jam boilies from the high street, as I was practising from the back garden lol.

However beware repeatitive strain injury...

Ive never seen the need for boilie sticks as the majority of waters fished thus far have been ablely baited with a catty which i find a lot easier to use and can achieve the same type of baiting pattern with the added advantage of being able to bait up with many different types of feed. Obviously, your limited by range with a catty, but i cant justify the use of a stick, everytime i've used a stick, either the seagulls swoop in and pick up each individual bait mid air or as they hit the surface, or the baits split when giving it a thwack, although wetting the stick can help that.

:rolleyes:

A bit of the Blue plastic water pipe taped up at the one end.....Voila boilie chucking stick..... please make cqs payable to Mr P Blount...... lol ta much

As i fail to see a copyright symbol i have stolen your idea. It is now called "karp-stik©®" (patent pending) and will be on sale for £69:99p

:rolleyes: