Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
trayner

In the words of Dixon of dock green, Evening all

good evening to everyone on the carp.com forum.

Ive just joined so saying hello to everyone, I'm 57 years old and have been fishing nearly all my life, I started with my granddad at the age of 6 at Hainault forest lakes with the old split cane and centerpin reel, then we moved to Swindon (Called the London Overspill) and I carried on my love for fishing into adult life, I was an out and out match/course fisherman until around 18 months ago and decided to try carp fishing out and I will admit to everyone on here I have found it to be a very steep learning curve, I consider myself as a pretty good angler and can catch fish on the pole or feeder rod at most venues, but Ive found this carp fishing to be very, very challenging and I am only now just getting to grips with it all.

I have two sets of tackle (never the two shall ever meet) my course gear and my carp gear, so its cost me a fair bit of money to get this far, I'm looking to catching my first proper 20 this season, and I have a couple of venues that I am going to hit quite a bit this season, so I will keep you all posted.

I hope to chat and learn from you all on these forums and look forward to meeting some of you on the bank.

Edited by trayner

Hello mate and welcome to this excellent forum .

Hainault still has the odd lump in there . Allegedly .:)

Great thread title by the way . Lost on most of this lot i expect :)

Edited by newmarket

Thanks very much guys, really nice of you all, by the way the T in TRayner stands for Tony or BigTone as all my family and friends call me, I'm a bit of a lump myself!!! cheers all

Welcome aboard Big Tone 8)

You'll learn lots on here mate interact and enjoy.

Like your coarse fishing keeping things simply and giving them what they want will see you bank fish mate :)

Thanks very much guys, really nice of you all, by the way the T in TRayner stands for Tony or BigTone as all my family and friends call me, I'm a bit of a lump myself!!! cheers all

Ahh, you look like you may enjoy a good pint!  (no offence like lol)

Welcome 57yr old dude!