Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
andy52

British Carp Angling Championship

I see they are not holding as many of the semi finals at barston this year, there was some grumblings on facebook posts last year, some pegs not producing fish big enough to count on the weigh in. still two rounds at barston this year though, I think?

Guinness is still on tap though, always a bonus.

3 or 4 years since I fished barston but back then the average size I was catching was about 10 - 12lb,wondering whether he's thrown a load of small carp in there for the match anglers.To be honest a good pub chuck to the middle and most the fish caught were doubles with boilies and pepperami scoring well in a small mesh bag of pellets :)

3 or 4 years since I fished barston but back then the average size I was catching was about 10 - 12lb,wondering whether he's thrown a load of small carp in there for the match anglers.To be honest a good pub chuck to the middle and most the fish caught were doubles with boilies and pepperami scoring well in a small mesh bag of pellets :)

I usually have one in the margins, under a tree and the other as far in front as I can reach, loaded with a pva bag, nothing changes. they are around the 10lb mark for the most, had a few nice common carp out to around the 20lb mark. I think the match boys can count anything above 5lb?

The amount of boilies they put in is a sight. multiple 20k sacks for each angler, a lot of food goes into that lake, the regular match anglers use loads of sweet corn. some days they come from all over Europe to match fish there, the Dutch anglers seem to be there often.

Those two 30's they put in have only been out one time each that I know of, I think they might be more into the lakes natural food, there seems to be a lot of snails and mussels and what not in there.

Watching Barston on Fishing gurus at the mo .

Those F1's love a 8mm Cell boilie :wink:

Steve a Ringer said so :) Boilie crumb & pellet on the method .

Edited by newmarket

Watching Barston on Fishing gurus at the mo .

Those F1's love a 8mm Cell boilie :wink:

Steve a Ringer said so :) Boilie crumb & pellet on the method .

Those F1s are crazy, can be a real problem if they hammer your loose feed, I have had them strip my pva bags before they reach the bottom, an 18mm with a chopped pop up seems to keep your bait out of their mouths.

I'll be perfectly honest , everyone to his own and all that , but I coukdnt fish somewhere like that .... I don't think I could be arsed to fish my way through the blooming things

I'll be perfectly honest , everyone to his own and all that , but I coukdnt fish somewhere like that .... I don't think I could be arsed to fish my way through the blooming things

It's only a five min drive from mine, believe it or not it is the best day ticket water near to Coventry that also does night fishing, I'm probably going to do my first session of this year there, just a day ticket, then I plan on doing most of my overnighters at hopsford, what I really want this year is a few days on Hunts at Linears, it's said to be a difficult water, but I really like the look of it.