Yessssss. First of the Year !!!!!

Finally bagged my first carp of the year, caught on the Dog Kennel lake at Wentworth Fisheries Syndicate using Nutrabaits Big Fish Mix 18mm Boilies with a Yellow pop up sweet corn and the beaut Common Carp weighed 20lb 4oz. Buzzing, roll on Friday night :)

Anyone else still awaiting their first carp of the year ?

Edited by Reel Em In Rick

Not had a proper carp for over 12 months now :(

Whatcha mean 'proper' ? :)

My last outing was November , a least is was a good session , new PB and a few others but things have been so busy it's been hard to find any time

Oh . I'm just skint :)

Edited by newmarket

Finally bagged my first carp of the year, caught on the Dog Kennel lake at Wentworth Fisheries Syndicate using Nutrabaits Big Fish Mix 18mm Boilies with a Yellow pop up sweet corn and the beaut Common Carp weighed 20lb 4oz. Buzzing, roll on Friday night :)

Anyone else still awaiting their first carp of the year ?

I did have my first carp of the year last week, may squeeze a sneaky float trip tomorrow, but hey, it's not my thread

Nice, and shows that a bait developed must be 20 years ago still works today. Good on you for a nice fish.

got my first carp of the year at about 1oclock on the 14th april, followed by another 9 of which the biggest was 14lb 11oz. all fell to a new bait on our pool of tigernut, i on;y used one nut for the whole sesh, it was repeatedly dipped in a tigernut glug and a small baggie of 6mm pellets also dipped in the glug. total cost of bait actualy used was in the region of 50p,,, what a bargain lol :wink:

You're obviously suffering from carpstipation.

Ian

I don't know whether to laugh or groan :lol::oops::mrgreen:

I cried

I think groaning is usual if you can't go, or is that slightly different?

I know, that's toilet humour

Great to hear the big fish mix is still doing it's job, cundiff used to love it

It must be one of the best base mixes going, even now. I personally think, the only bait that can beat it is Trigga!