• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Only here for a dawn to dusk session today, but my view on this chilly day is better than sitting indoors.

08.00 this morning. Bit frosty, but this view... 

Posted Images

8 hours ago, commonly said:

The reservoir is constantly draining so 8-10 from the water is very soft ground, with the wind there is a good chance of the bivvy pegs wouldn't hold mate

I thought there would be a good reason.  I used to fish a water with high banks always a pain with any wind got myself 12 inch pegs off the bay which helped. 

6 hours ago, commonly said:

Well no joy this morning. 

Learnt I need to beef up my leader etc. 

Blooming sail boats were having a race this morning. Claxons going off all the time. 

One step closer to catching one🤔

Screenshot_20201011-152524.png

I’ve actually caught one of them sailing boats a small two man Jobbie best fight I’ve ever had played it for 30 mins flat rodded me more than once even burnt my thumbs clamping down on the spool, had blue thumbs for days. .... would still be playing it if I hadn’t run out of line. 

On 12/10/2020 at 16:01, Carpmaster said:

I’m off tomorrow before everywhere is locked down again do a day on the local headache lol see if they are feeling sorry for me tomorrow an jump on the hook for me 

Lost one to a hookpull in the weed starting to make sense why they all fish certain spots   Time for a really in depth markering week I think or invest in a weed rake

One of my mates doesn't use a tail rubber when fishing in weed, he ties the lead clip with PVA string to hold the lead on and once its in the water the lead ejects, that said I'd rather use the lightest inline to get to the spot, or a piece of plasticene as a casting weight... I've also seen lads using a stone in PVA mesh on the lead clip to get the rig out but effectively freeline once the bag dissolves....

Just now, bluelabel said:

One of my mates doesn't use a tail rubber when fishing in weed, he ties the lead clip with PVA string to hold the lead on and once its in the water the lead ejects, that said I'd rather use the lightest inline to get to the spot, or a piece of plasticene as a casting weight... I've also seen lads using a stone in PVA mesh on the lead clip to get the rig out but effectively freeline once the bag dissolves....

I’ve try’s the stone in a pva bag but there is that much undertow it don’t stay where you put it the only reason I didn’t use pva tape I didn’t have none lol or would have 

17 hours ago, Highy said:

I should be out tomorrow, but home from work today, and the Boiler Pressure is stuck on full, main water pipe running to it sounds like an aeroplane taking off, so no water either.... Boiler man coming in morning 😭😭😭

Well, he's been, no call out charge as its a mate of the football manager's. 

Need a new pressure relief system, Tuesday 8am, £250