• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Only here for a dawn to dusk session today, but my view on this chilly day is better than sitting indoors.

08.00 this morning. Bit frosty, but this view... 

Posted Images

Just now, Carpmaster said:

Everyone says they’re on the wrong side lol it’s how I’ve always had them yep my old emcasts been good reels but they will be changed soon to sonic 

I wouldn't change to Sonik personally, I've toyed with the idea of changing my evos but while they work I will stick with them,bit of grease always seems to help 😁

if I was going to upgrade it would be diawa or shimano, but to be shimano my aerlex spod reel will have to work well for a while to prove themselves 👍

36 minutes ago, elmoputney said:

I wouldn't change to Sonik personally, I've toyed with the idea of changing my evos but while they work I will stick with them,bit of grease always seems to help 😁

if I was going to upgrade it would be diawa or shimano, but to be shimano my aerlex spod reel will have to work well for a while to prove themselves 👍

To be honest elmo I need work done on them now new bail arms etc I priced them to be done and was given 150quid I can get 2 new reels but I do luv my emcast they’ve done everything I’ve asked of them and more I’ve even taken them on the boat sea fishing had a 67lb conger they’ve been awesome reels and getting rid would be like losing a loyal dog  I’m still undecided elmo

2 minutes ago, elmoputney said:

I heard one bosh out in the pool behind, couple of handfuls and a pva bag I'm gonna try and catch it 😁 desperate times 

They are bubbling up in the area, going to be a screamer if it goes, only a rod length out, loving it IMG_20201102_083126.thumb.jpg.2fc3d7cffb1936a6749e9846dd858597.jpg

You know a bait in the right place is all it takes   Tight lines an 🤞 

Just now, Carpmaster said:

You know a bait in the right place is all it takes   Tight lines an 🤞 

This place we went to again had a take hanger went up to the rod and I was right next to the rod when it happened lifted into nothing and distance wasn’t an issue it was only a rod an half out   Now this is happening every time I go fishing !!I know it isn’t a rig issue I’ve had them used by friends and now I’m tying rigs for them so I can’t count that out I know also that it’s happening all over   What do you guys think 

On 02/11/2020 at 08:45, Carpmaster said:

This place we went to again had a take hanger went up to the rod and I was right next to the rod when it happened lifted into nothing and distance wasn’t an issue it was only a rod an half out   Now this is happening every time I go fishing !!I know it isn’t a rig issue I’ve had them used by friends and now I’m tying rigs for them so I can’t count that out I know also that it’s happening all over   What do you guys think 

If your that close in you could try totally slack lines, let it all sink flat on the bottom

On 04/11/2020 at 19:04, elmoputney said:

If it hadn't dropped was probably a liner then, I've had a few like that, I find you usually know when you've hooked a carp, mainly they bolt and let you know they are there

On 04/11/2020 at 19:04, elmoputney said:

If it hadn't dropped was probably a liner then, I've had a few like that, I find you usually know when you've hooked a carp, mainly they bolt and let you know they are there 

I knew I got done once no lead but the others not so plus they were only 10mm baits or a butter bean