Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
fisherman dan

Carp Fishing "newbies book", Would like an honest review please

Hi all, great to be here

My daughter and her partner Dan (hence the name)

Have written a newbies type "Carp Fishing" book and would really appreciate an honest review

If thats possible?? ...

i wont put a link to it here,  incase its against rules!! ...

Yours and Thank-You Fisherman Dan

I haven't read all of it, but I will try to.

A lot of it seems to be simply a glossary of fishing tackle.

I'm not exactly sure why it was written? If it was just something he wanted to do, then why the need for a review?

If he has done it to sell and make money, then I'm afraid he needs to work on it quite a bit. As milky say's, pictures would help a lot. Get him to look at Lee Jacksons Carp Clinic - IMO a very good book for beginners.

Also, whilst Grass carp are a type of carp, most people wouldn't think of them in the first instance when thinking about 'carp fishing'. I'm thinking that that's the biggest fish he has caught, and why he wants to use that photo? But to me, it just doesn't fit with the content of the book.

I'm sure that people moving from general coarse fishing, to ledgering / feeder fishing will find some of it useful.

I'm also not sure on the whole - tie your rod to your hand or box thing?

All i can see is one picture, Scroll down and only see headings. There no information ? :confused:

I can see ( WHERE TO FISH) then rest of page is blank. :confused:

Edited by fudgecat

In my opinion, a beginner shouldn't be going carp fishing, they should be learning to fish and get a good understanding of what they are doing float fishing.

You should be following Fudge with a camcorder for the next year. It'd make a great video about the introduction to coarse fishing.

Thanks for all the feedback,  good and bad.  Not sure what the wrist bit is about ... Is it a fishing joke?? ...

The reason it might not open ... is you need an adobe reader.

I Told her the picture was awful!! ...

Yes she did intend to use it as a free report / short book for some project she was doing.

Yours and Thank - You Dan

In my opinion, a beginner shouldn't be going carp fishing, they should be learning to fish and get a good understanding of what they are doing float fishing.

You should be following Fudge with a camcorder for the next year. It'd make a great video about the introduction to coarse fishing.

Great post , good old fudgies doing it right ...

Only ever went fishing a few times personally, about er,  um ... er 40 ish years ago ... In Hambledon near to Hooray Henley ...think its probably a great way to get peace and quiet from missus though?? ...

Even greater post :)

dalthegooner,

you old romantic you

The greatest post EVER :) :) :)