Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Carpbell

Over-Nighter at Dog Lane

Here is a review on Dog Lane by Crafty Carper

http://www.craftycarper.co/images/Dog_Lane_Fishery.pdff

And no I didn't use Mainline Cell, should I send those two pictures into Carp World, see if Mainline will give me a £250 mainline bait voucher, old school baits still work the best.

I had the second large Mirror with the gaffer stood behind me, I didn't even know he was there till after I netted it, as it was a long fight and a hot afternoon I just took a couple of floor photos, I'd say both of the are easy in the 20+lb mark?

A bit controversial but isn't that just me. Netting fish, can a catch be counted as a PB if you don't net it your self? that's the hardest bit.

Looks like you had a decent session.

As for netting, no idea why you would not count it as a PB of someone else netted it. I've let a few people net fish for me, and if they know what they are doing, they just leave the net there, and lift it up when the fish is in it. What is difficult about that? It's the getting the fish to eat your bait, and. The steering it into the net that's the hard bit!

Looks like you had a decent session.

As for netting, no idea why you would not count it as a PB of someone else netted it. I've let a few people net fish for me, and if they know what they are doing, they just leave the net there, and lift it up when the fish is in it. What is difficult about that? It's the getting the fish to eat your bait, and. The steering it into the net that's the hard bit!

Just because of what was said in a thread where an angler had a forty out years back, but as some one else netted it, the fish would not of been classed as a record fish?

Just because of what was said in a thread where an angler had a forty out years back, but as some one else netted it, the fish would not of been classed as a record fish?

I think you are referring to this thread, where someone else was playing the fish using Ritchie McDonalds rod, and it counting / not counting as a british record (Has it been at the time).

People have others net fish all the time! It makes it no more / less a PB.

What I would be more worried about, is if someone tried to claim a PB with 'easy in the 20+lb mark'.

Edited by sharpy86

I think you are referring to this thread, where someone else was playing the fish using Ritchie McDonalds rod, and it counting / not counting as a british record (Has it been at the time).

People have others net fish all the time! It makes it no more / less a PB.

What I would be more worried about, is if someone tried to claim a PB with 'easy in the 20+lb mark'.

He had scales in that vid, I'm pretty sure it was a forty?

So is no one gonna agree to a brace of twenties? I can see my £250 mainline bait voucher aint going to be in the post any time soon

Random photo; ever seen such an evil looking Terrier, he's keeping that sleeping bag

022.jpg

the bottom fish in your pic maybe 20 but the first id say no chance mate, upper double id say

I'd agree with that, I should of got a photo holding the second one. Its belly would have had that dropped look to it.

Zigs work well on dog lane, if anyone wants some good zig fishing

I'm going to have to get a set of cheap scales as I have no idea what my PB is. The last fish I put on scales was from pine pool and that was 19 and a bit lb, I have also had a Leather at 19lb on the scales, that was a few years back now, had some lovely commons out of pine pool last year no idea what size they were.

stanleys nocturnal activities are legendary  amongst the midlands dogging fraternity allegedley  :mrgreen:

Seriously yous connect dog lane to STD swapping? I wondered what had set sharpy and nige off. I should of just said Napton. :P