Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Been dodging around on here for a couple of months now.....finally got round to putting some gear together and today is gonna be my first trip carp fishing (barbel fishing for the last 20 years).....going to a small lake in north yorks that's been recommended by a friend

Keeping it simple and straight forward ....hopefully will see a few fish aswell....24 hour session

Will update when I return

Mark

Edited by mrkgix

Thanks lads....was a nice little trip lovely little lake called rising sun fisheries at Aldwark not far from York.....I was actually going up to Durham to visit my daughter and thought why not give it a go it's on route.....so that's what I did ......

Just got back....did 24 hours 2 rods fished a basic combi rig on both tried one popped up and one on bottom.....had 2 mirrors 10lb and 6lb both on green lipped mussel boilie on the bottom ....thoroughly enjoyed it

The "thoroughly enjoyed it" bit speaks volumes for me. Onwards and upwards. :wink:

Ian

That's what it's all about ian.....the enjoyment for me and a fish or two is a bonus

when i get on a 24hr job, i spend the first couple of hours stalking rod in hand and pocket full of mixers sneaking round the margins. i often crouch behind a bush or clump of long grass, rod forgotten tossing mixers one at a time to a nice looking beastie. just sitting there and watching the fish feeding contentedly makes my day, then belly full it swims slowly away and i think,,,,, DAMN done it again lol, gets you every time :wink: but one or two in the net is a good bonus so nice one mrkgix, keep it up :D

when i get on a 24hr job, i spend the first couple of hours stalking rod in hand and pocket full of mixers sneaking round the margins. i often crouch behind a bush or clump of long grass, rod forgotten tossing mixers one at a time to a nice looking beastie. just sitting there and watching the fish feeding contentedly makes my day, then belly full it swims slowly away and i think,,,,, DAMN done it again lol, gets you every time :wink: but one or two in the net is a good bonus so nice one mrkgix, keep it up :D

Had a lovely mirror about the 10lb mark surface feeding at my rod tips within minutes of settling down I was mesmerised by it....then there was a lovely common believe it or not actually clearing the water jumping for fly under some willows...it did it both days same place something I've never seen before is a carp actually leaping out the water for fly....