Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
frogy

Food while carping

Hi everyone, I usually take sum trusty pot noodles when im fishing and maybe a few cheese rolls to munch on and my mates usually bring some bacon or sausages down for a few butties but wondered what sort of food you guys take and maybe get some new ideas?

I some times take a frozen steak and a tin of mixed bean salad for the first night, porridge for breakfast, tinned fruit, and packs of chicken and mushroom pasta, the milk I take is long life.
Add a few packs of malted milk biscuits and I’m about good to go.
Can't stand pot noddles sooner have a pack of super noddles, I can recommend the pasta packs, just need milk to cook them in.
Oh and fruit juice, brings you energy levels up and helps to stop the Chinese takeaway effect of feeling hungry after eating.

Get yourself a Diablo! the world is your lobster I you own one, cook anything you want, a long as you want a tostie.

34CBC69D-0D63-45D6-BD36-C7AD60ED71BE-520

825D1306-79C0-4DF2-AFE9-B21FA6B508DD-520

Other than that, if I'm feeling extravagant cook up a carbonara with fresh pasta, and you can never go wrong with a full fry up. Tinned curry and boil in the bag rice, pasta with a jar of sauce, it's all easy to do on the bank.

I've done burger and chips a few times before, but frying chips on a petrol Coleman always felt a bit sketchy!

Used to eat pot noodles, but they aren't food, if you don't eat well, you get tired and grumpy and don't ifsh well.

There use to be a big long thread of bankside recipes.

Del use to be knock up some decent meals on the bank - think fillet steak, new potatoes and asparagus

i have got a landsman tripod bbq, can cook all sorts on that. but my fave is a tin of stewed steak with a tin of new potatoes and a tin of mixed peas and carrots,throw the lot in my bivvi tin and heat for 15 mins. take the unsliced bloomer that i took for the carp and rip in half then dip in the mix and,,,, OH GOD I WANNA GO FISHING NOW :cry: :cry:

When fishing for a few days i only generally eat late afternoon/evening  and that will be 

Bacon ,Sausages , eggs , fried bread , Baked Beans , Plumb Tomatoes , all cooked in a big Wok at differnt stages also Bread and Butter and Brown Sauce.

I do drink  copious amounts of tea and coffee with Biscuits.

Milk water tea bags , sausages bacon & crusty rolls .

Enuff for 3 days . Job done .

Every morning .

In a bucket :)

Edited by newmarket

My last meal on the bank was a beef noodle stirfry. Took all of ten minutes. I'm with grangemilky on this, if you're away for a period of time you need to eat well to keep energy levels up.

a3ujypeh.jpg

Other than that I tend to have sausages/bacon for breakfast, and will cook something proper for dinner. As well as stir frys, I'll make fajitas but instead of wraps will use a crusty roll. Meatballs with packet rissotto the packets of microwave rice/risotto can all be warmed through with a little water. Boil in the bag rice and a tin of stagg chilli.

doing simple things and having everything prepared and separated before makes the task a lot easier.

i can honestly say that most of the best meals i have eaten have been while i am fishing.

my fishing partner is a top chef and we eat like kings while fishing, also we have had some of our biggest fish using leftovers, warm medium rare ribeye steak has caught us carp to 28lb , cats to 32lb and perch to nearly 4lb, also left over cumberland sausages have caught cats upto 55lb.

oops , just given away our secret.

mufty

i can honestly say that most of the best meals i have eaten have been while i am fishing.

my fishing partner is a top chef and we eat like kings while fishing, also we have had some of our biggest fish using leftovers, warm medium rare ribeye steak has caught us carp to 28lb , cats to 32lb and perch to nearly 4lb, also left over cumberland sausages have caught cats upto 55lb.

oops , just given away our secret.

mufty

Very sarf london :) :)

my fishing partner is a top chef and we eat like kings while fishing,

Organising food now for the next while's fishing - my friend is coming in on Thursday night for 10 days and he's a Cordon Bleu chef so we'll try to have something nice. Between the little bbq, the 2 burner stove and the tea ring it all works out.

Del use to be knock up some decent meals on the bank - think fillet steak, new potatoes and asparagus

Hi everyone, I usually take sum trusty pot noodles when im fishing and maybe a few cheese rolls to munch on and my mates usually bring some bacon or sausages down for a few butties but wondered what sort of food you guys take and maybe get some new ideas?

I do believe it will be this one:

http://www.carp.com/topic/2137-lake-side-recipes/

Great thread. I can't read through it all now as the footy has just started, but a tin of new potatoes, cut up, and fried with your breakfast is a fantastic idea, and will definitely be getting tried on my next trip 8)

Mmm very much agreed yum yum :)