Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
esminthecarper

recommendations for digital scales

Why digital may i ask? Others may disagree, but i would avoid like the plague. A nice set of Dial Ruben's will last you a life time. 

simply because I can read them. With analog scales i'm there looking at it for ages trying to get the right reading

Edited by esminthecarper

I've made a couple of "mistakes" with scales, but have finally arrived at what I now consider to be the best set up.

Initially I purchased a set of the small Rueben Heaton Flyweight scales as mentioned above.

They were "ok" but I felt they were a bit cheap (build quality) and were very difficult to read to get an exact weight.

Wanting something a little more accurate I passed them on to my daughter and purchased a set of Korum digital scales.

What a pile of poo! Could never get them to zero properly, (may have been pilot error!), but I just didn't like using them.

So I bit the bullet and did what I should have done in the first place.....bought a decent set of Rueben Dials and a weigh tripod.

I now have now problems at all weighing fish. Scales themselves are spot on, and I wonder how I ever managed without the tripod. 

It might seem a little more than you want to spend initially, but in the long run it will be cheaper.

Trust me

:wink:

I have a set of JRC digital scales they have a read out screen on both sides which is quite a good feature and they are very accurate cost around £25 a few years back off e bay , BUT I still tend to use my Ruebens dial scales , just feel happier with them , less messing around .

If you do want digital the JRC ones seems fine .

Just bought a set of the Wychwood digital scales for £30. I tested how accurate they were against 2 other scales and they were spot on. Had reuben dial scales in the past and just couldn't get on with them. Maybe worth considering if you're still in the market for digital scales

Why digital may i ask? Others may disagree, but i would avoid like the plague. A nice set of Dial Ruben's will last you a life time. 

Agree entirely. Tried, and still own JRC digitals. Far too complex in use, too many unnecessary operations to zero etc etc.

Bought Ruben Heaton large dial with the St. George flag on the face. Sorted, on several levels.

Ian