Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Carpbell

Fishing Heaven Fishing Hell

Moving on from another thread, should there be a list of fisheries to be avoided as well as praised?
Done wonders for the restaurant industry.
The sort of fisheries I don’t like would be less than 5 acres with minimal bank side trees and bushes, saying that though, Hopsford hall is a small lake, but it is real carpy, lol, it is also on Witthybrook lane and it does have the witthy pool look to it. The fish only go up to the mid 20lb mark with the odd thirty? But what fish, there is a mirror in there, it has to be one of the best examples of a estate lake mirrors I have ever seen.

There are other similar size pools local with some big fish in and allow night fishing, I wont list them, but they really are all that's wrong in day ticket fishing.

So what tickles your pickle? In a venue, try not to slander a venue, probably best you don't name the venue.

Its not very original but i dislike souless hole in the ground type fisheries .

In an ideal world i'd like to fish somewhere with character .

Having never been to many of these places i can really only go by what i've seen on the telly and dont know what most of them are called so to give everyone an idea of what i mean , i'm going to describe them thus ;

Likes ; lakes and ponds like in A Passion For Angling

Dislikes; anywhere fished by mick and matt in the rod race series'

:wink:

How can you have a list of fisheries to be avoided without naming them :?

A list of venues with people's opinions, good or bad, is a good idea.

Doing it without naming the venues is a bit pointless isn't it?

I wasn't sure on whether it would be allowed to name local venues, that we have not fished and wouldn't for what ever reason that puts you off.

Don't want any owners popping up demanding posts be removed on the grounds of slandering a private business.

I understand where you are coming from, but I think we are a little too worried about things like that.

I never have any issues with naming and shaming. If any company / business provides a sub standard service then it is fully justifiable to air those experiences.

It cannot be a good slagging off just because you don't like the place. But a comprehensive post detailing your experiences is totally acceptable in my opinion.

Edited by dalthegooner

my fishing heaven is my syndicate lake with only a couple of other anglers on it :D  and my fishing hell is my syndicate lake when its rammed with anglers :evil:

Jammy sod, the bloke across the road from me is always telling about his syndicate, rumour has it Chris Tarrant has been seen on there in the past. Edited by Carpbell

I understand where you are coming from, but I think we are a little too worried about things like that.

I never have any issues with naming and shaming. If any company / business provides a sub standard service then it is fully justifiable to air those experiences.

It cannot be a good slagging off just because you don't like the place. But a comprehensive post detailing your experiences is totally acceptable in my opinion.

The problem would be in claiming a fisheries was breaking animal welfare rules, by say over stocking a water which lead to a lot of dead fish, that would be something the EA or DEFRA would get involved with and close the venue down, it happened to a pool just out side Coventry the stocking levels and size of the fish for such a small pool could only come from fish thefts, from canals and water parks.

I won't name the pool as it has its fans in the big carp day ticket circuit.

Here's a quote I found on the venue, tell me you didn't raise an eyebrow when reading it.

'in 3 months had 3 diferent [sic] 30lbs 45 different 20lb 100s of 15lb to 20lb good venue'

Without knowing the venue and the size of the venue, it might be fine it might not.

What venue are we talking about?

Without knowing the venue and the size of the venue, it might be fine it might not.

What venue are we talking about?

A very small one, less than an acre, don't matter what venue it is as it's now closed to the public other than mates and pre booked night fishing, it's real pricey too.

Gotta feel for the anglers that fish it, the accountant had just gave the nod for the pool to put its first 50lb carp on the bank, I think it was the talk of an 80lb sturgeon and or catfish that brought it under the authority's scope.

Gotta feel for the anglers that fish it, the accountant had just gave the nod for the pool to put its first 50lb carp on the bank, I think it was the talk of an 80lb sturgeon and or catfish that brought it under the authority's scope.

Christ is this carping in a bucket or what???

Unless I'm very wrong, this post is the exact, the very exact reason, that modern carp fishing has gone to pot...

For those that know me, please re-write this in words befitting a teacher.  Most begining with "F" or "S".

A very small one, less than an acre, don't matter what venue it is as it's now closed to the public other than mates and pre booked night fishing, it's real pricey too.

And yet you are comfortable with all of this happening without naming the fishery that has no care for the health of the fish and are ultimately law breakers.

I'm sorry but it's something that I feel VERY strongly about.

People are to spineless to name and shame.

Let's let people get away with law breaking, rule breaking and actively protect them.

Why is this country such a pushover? Because the common man won't stand up for his peers, so how can we complain when this carries on right up to government?

Edited by dalthegooner

Christ is this carping in a bucket or what???

Unless I'm very wrong, this post is the exact, the very exact reason, that modern carp fishing has gone to pot...

For those that know me, please re-write this in words befitting a teacher.  Most begining with "F" or "S".

That was a joke about the accountant and the fifty, forgot to throw a simile in. not far off todays carp venues though.

I wasn't joking about it being around an acre in size though, no way there is enough food in that, they must be jumping on the hook.

Edited by Carpbell

And yet you are comfortable with all of this happening without naming the fishery that has no care for the health of the fish and are ultimately law breakers.

I'm sorry but it's something that I feel VERY strongly about.

People are to spineless to name and shame.

Let's let people get away with law breaking, rule breaking and actively protect them.

Why is this country such a pushover? Because the common man won't stand up for his peers, so how can we complain when this carries on right up to government?

It don't deserve the advert, there are a lot of people that pack the place out until recently, you can still get on the pool if truth be told, but you have to known by the owner or a previous day ticket angler.

I'd like to see more reviews, write ups and pictures of places. Publicity rules on those lakes allowing.

I think it's hard to define waters as heaven/hell as each angler has different goals and ideas of what caro fishing means to them.

Someones hell maybe someone elses heaven. I'm sure some of the waters I fish would be hell to some of the more experienced members but for me at this stage as I'm learning they're pretty good for me.

I took on board your comments on catch reports and venue advice and have tried to add something from most of my trips since and will continue to do so and hope the other forum members appreciate it or even others who are looking for information on a particular venue.

Fishing Hell, and I WILL name it, is Shrewley Pool, not far from Warwick.

There are many, many times more fish than the lake can naturally support so all fish rely upon anglers baits for sustenance.

I fished there once and after an hour I'd caught loads of fish, all looking like parrots such is their need for feed they just get hooked time and time again. I left after an hour, feeling dirty and ashamed of myself.

Message to the owners of Shrewley Pool. You are a disgrace!

Message to the rest of the world. Please, please don't fish Shrewley Pool.

Ian

Fishing Hell, and I WILL name it, is Shrewley Pool, not far from Warwick.

There are many, many times more fish than the lake can naturally support so all fish rely upon anglers baits for sustenance.

I fished there once and after an hour I'd caught loads of fish, all looking like parrots such is their need for feed they just get hooked time and time again. I left after an hour, feeling dirty and ashamed of myself.

Message to the owners of Shrewley Pool. You are a disgrace!

Message to the rest of the world. Please, please don't fish Shrewley Pool.

Ian

Great post, and is now somewhere I definitely WON'T fish.

It doesnt help when lots of these commercial fisheries either fail to keep their websites up to date or blatently lie about the place .

I've emailed numerous places localish to me in the last couple of years , usually enquiries about taking the fostered kids night fishing ( the SS always needed to know all the ins and outs :() and very rarely even received a reply .

You would think these fisheries would welcome families that want to introduce kids to the sport .

I've since found out that the majority of these places are not what their websites would have you believe .