Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
tancho321

Loose tip ring

I noticed this weekend that the tip ring in one of my rods is loose, not ever so but it does have some movement which I am sure will only get worse. The rods are Chub Outcast Plus 50. How do I repair this please? Wondered about the old superglue but don't want to wreck the rod!!

I do believe that a hot melt glue is what is used, but I've never had to repair one myself.

Agree, although slow-cure Araldite, applied by a small brush, would be my first choice.

Ian

gently warm the the barrel of the end eye up with a lighter till the eye pops off then push it straight back on making sure its lined up and hold it in place till it cools off and the glue resets , i did this with a greys prodigy a few years ago and it worked , never budged again , just make sure the flame stays on the barrel and not on the actual rod tip