Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Galwin

Editing privilages

I have dyslexia and often after posting something will see mistakes I have made, often it is like ot instead of to, form instead of from and the like or broken sentences which even knowing why annoys me ot see in print. but when I go back to edit them it tells me I do not have permisison to do so although I am the author of that specific post. I have noticed that the forum here does not seem to have a spell check functiona automatically as well which makes it more difficult since even when reading stuff I see it normally as most would see the miss spellings automatically.

Si if there is a spell check function could someone tell me where it is since I do not see miss spelled words highlighted when typing them. Also such things as FORM instead of From would not show up anyway.

Or more easily is there some way to get editing permisisons for replies and post that I make please so when I do see them pop out at me after posting I can fix it to save others the headaches of trying to read words written backwards.

Thanks.

what nige said, i use Firefox and it highlights with a red wavy line,,, pretty :wink:

you can also get it for android too if your on your phone.

other than that, just read thru some of the posts on here and you will soon feel like your fitting in :lol: :lol:

Edited by cyborx

Google chrome also has a spell check, and is a better browser than Firefox in my opinion.

But that only cures half the problem.

I have asked before about the length if time you get to edit a post, but it appears that it cannot be changed.

Once you initially post, you get about 5 minutes to edit your post. After that the only way appears to be by installing tapatalk on your phone (Apparently there is no time limit for editing a post on tapatalk, but I've never tested it myself).

To be honest, unless it's REALLY infuriating, I wouldn't worry about it. Your posts are still perfectly legible, nobody cares about a few spelling mistakes,

I try not to worry about spelling mistakes on posts, it happens, although only if it is really obvious will it be edited by one of us professors :wink:  :lol:

Lets face it, I know a few people who use carp.com are dyslexic, some have fingers that don't co-ordinate with brain and you hit wrong button. :oops:  ( I do have the ability to edit long after the time limit)

Don't wurry yourself about it, although the added spellchecks of Google Chrome is useful. I just dont use it 8)  :wink:  :lol:

I try not to worry about spelling mistakes on posts, it happens, although only if it is really obvious will it be edited by one of us professors :wink:  :lol:

Lets face it, I know a few people who use carp.com are dyslexic, some have fingers that don't co-ordinate with brain and you hit wrong button. :oops:  ( I do have the ability to edit long after the time limit)

worry                                                                  spell checks                                                              don't                                              

Don't wurry yourself about it, although the added spellchecks of Google Chrome is useful. I just dont use it 8)  :wink:  :lol:

i know the above aberrations from the normal exemplary spelling on this site are purposeful, but they were grating on my eyes :twisted:

Edited by cyborx

I cna't blveiee taht I can aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I am rdanieg. The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it dseno’t mtaetr in waht oerdr the ltteres in a wrod are, the olny iproamtnt tihng is taht the frsit and lsat ltteer be in the rghi t pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it whotuit a pboerlm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Azanmig huh? yaeh and I awlyas tghuhot slpeling was ipmorantt!

I cna't blveiee taht I can aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I am rdanieg. The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it dseno’t mtaetr in waht oerdr the ltteres in a wrod are, the olny iproamtnt tihng is taht the frsit and lsat ltteer be in the rghi t pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it whotuit a pboerlm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Azanmig huh? yaeh and I awlyas tghuhot slpeling was ipmorantt!

WIERDO :P

Galwin, don't worry about stuff, mate. I'm known as the spelling monkey on here and other forums.

If I should encounter anything that appears to belittle you, I'll amend it. I have no time limit as a moderator.

Meantime just get posting, dyslexia isn't a rare thing so have no fear, you're amongst friends.

Ian