Most expensive carp rods on the market?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The two things are completely different and the rods are put through different stresses and the blanks cannot be used for the same job even if the tc is the same. Having used all sorts of rods for fl

What's the dearest rods on the market at the moment?

think that if paying over £200  for a rod i definately want it made in britain

just to add as regards the basias i don't think i could use any rod with df written on it :oops: nothing really against the bloke but i'm a right noddy and you just know that people would be thinking we'ev got a right korda klone here look he's watched a couple of dvd's and now he's terry hearn.see how hard it is being a noddy :mrgreen:

Of the British made rod blank makers I think that you must mean Harrison's from Liverpool, as North Western Rods (Manchester based) went down years ago. In addition you might also consider Daiwa up in Lanarkshire and House of Hardy who own the Greys concern who are based in Alnwick.

BOF  :wink:

Edited by B.O.F.

I paid £200+ each for my Century NG's and I absolutely love them. Had them for five years now and I can't imagine using another rod.   

Good man Willi, I am the proud owner of 2 Century Armalites, brilliant rods, better than any foreign rubbish.

Century Armalites, SP's, NG's and FMJ's, used 'em all and loved 'em. The FMJ's were heavy, but boy could they blast a lead a very long way

Of the British made rod blank makers I think that you must mean Harrison's from Liverpool, as North Western Rods (Manchester based) went down years ago. In addition you might also consider Daiwa up in Lanarkshire and House of Hardy who own the Greys concern who are based in Alnwick.

BOF  :wink:

Are all Hardy blanks made in the UK now the company is US owned?

i thought the greys were just cheap chineese tat?

Grey's are owned by Hardy who i BELIEVE source their blanks here .

Well scotland to be precise , as do Daiwa .

Of course i may be wrong but im pretty sure im not :)