Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
nealjt

erm.... new PB?

I reckon Canberra and NSW (Sydney) are the best choices for some carp action.   PM Luked here on the forum, he's a Sydney local and may be able to sort you out.

There's some amazing fishing up around Cairns....you lucky [censored]!

Cool, thanks mate. Sydney may work. We only have 3 weeks and trying to fit everything in is going to be a challenge.

I'm already resigned to the fact that I won't get to dive Cairns due to flights back to Melbourne, so will Dive Julian rocks in Byron and go out fishing in Cairns.

If I get a chance for carp I just want an easy venue for a little fun, nothing serious. I'll drop him a pm and see what he recommends.

Yeah....Cairns is where I learnt 12 years a go. I spent a year travelling Australia and Cairns was my first stop in Oz.

I dive every year but only tropical waters with temps around 26-28, I've been lucky enough to dive across the carribean, S.E Asia and Australia. I have some pics I can post in a seperate section of you want to see.

I have a few goals and they are to dive with Mantas and Whale sharks. I've seen a whale shark of a boat and wanted to get in with the snorkel gear but there were a load of sharks hunting tuna close by so just had to watch it from the boat.

Sorry guys Im not so sure on this one, snapping turtles don't have that long tail!!!   http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Common_snapping_turtle

and neither do terrapin's!!  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terrapin

what ever it is has been introduced illegally and should have been put into a bucket and taken to the local RSPCA, just my thoughts for what its worth, I cant believe for a min they do the fish or fishing any good

In the local park, two of the lakes have terrapins or turtles in them, and they do love to sun themselves on semi-sunken logs or branches showing out the water.

In fact years ago, when I was living in Occold, our garden pond had one in it. The pond was connected to a feeder stream, and this terrapin came down the stream, obviously let go by a previous owner and made its home there. Every summer it would appear as the warm weather arrived. I never found out where it would overwinter.

I beg to differ Trayner.

As you'll see here. Snappers do have long(ish) tails.

With regards taking it to the RSPCA, if it was being a menace in the fishery and decimating the wildlife, I'd agree. But as it's been there for 25 years and the fishery continues to thrive. I think it's better just to leave it there.

Sorry guys Im not so sure on this one, snapping turtles don't have that long tail!!!   http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Common_snapping_turtle

and neither do terrapin's!!  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terrapin

what ever it is has been introduced illegally and should have been put into a bucket and taken to the local RSPCA, just my thoughts for what its worth, I cant believe for a min they do the fish or fishing any good

hahaha, Trayner i had to laugh at your p i ss take.

don't think anyone else saw the sooooo obvious pictures of snapping turtle complete with tail in your links :wink:

nice one buddy, keep it up :lol: :lol:

Blame the TMNT for this, many terrapins and such like were bought as pets during the boom in the early 90's and in turn a fair majority were released into various local lakes and water ways

Maybe we could tempt Shredder out of retirement to sort the problem

Edited by mrdevon

Blame the TMNT for this, many terrapins and such like were bought as pets during the boom in the early 90's and in turn a fair majority were released into various local lakes and water ways

This is true, and there are waters where they decimate the wildlife. I believe that if you catch a terrapin, legally you are not supposed to return it to the water.

Am confused re the wiki link... The pics loom exactly like what I got... Share the joke please!

Re right or wrong to return. I didn't even think about if I should or not! Didn't really know what to do with it other than put it back! There was a lad that saw me with it and he knew it was in there. Maybe if ibwas by my self I would've found away to keepnet and see what the owner wanted me to do.

I think its is quite established as has been there a long time (as mentioned 25+ years) the lake is on private land the owner and bailiff are well aware of it... I do fish there on and off so will now check the law, but also ask the owner what he wants as I don't feel it's my place to decide to remove it or not.