bivvys again

at present I have a West lake bivvy does its job but looking to upgrade I do 2, 3, or 4 night sessions nearly all midweek. The new one will have to be easily put up on my own, should I get a 2 man for the extra space I have a budget of £200 or a little more. Been looking at Chub visor Nash double top Fox easy dome I know I may have to look on flea bay for a good second hand, I fish in winter but during the day. Hope someone can steer me in the right direction, Thanks in advance Bill

Well if you fish days during the winter you might be better off looking for a brolly system rather than a bivvy .

I know next to nothing about brollies , however , if you go down the bivvy route then anything JRC i can recommend at your budget .

Welcome to the nuthouse if i havent elsewhere :)

Are all the lads on here of the same opinion regarding  JRC if so I respect that you have probably more hours on the bank than the guy that told me [ What model would you recommend with my budget ] As you can see I have taken on board your thoughts Thanks Bill

Hello manc , stick jrc sti in the search & have a butchers .

Funnily enough the sti 2 man that im singing the praises of is no longer made .

There is a new version of it which can only be an improvement i would have thought .

The jrc contact isnt a million miles away from it either .

All the lads that have JRC cant speak highly enough about em though obviously not everyone has one :)

I always recommend anything JRC , my set up is pretty much a jrc showroom lol .

If ian ( welder ) sees this thread he'll put you right .

There are a couple of tips that make the old sti 2 man even better . As i say it is pretty heavy thats the only downside .

And they go pretty cheap on ebay second hand too :)

Thanks again Newmarket went on search might look at the carp zone hurricane £159 complete with overwrap also looking at the jrc range Bill

Manc , when my sti gives up the ghost i'll be going carp zone ...

Presently I have a chub bivvy, can't remember which along with other chub stuff and it all seems pretty good.

Only downside is the ground sheet is a thin one. But I guess that's reflective as it was under £100.

I've been looking at a brolly system from DJS tackle. They get good reviews elsewhere but never seen them mentioned on here. Space wise for a brolly system they seem very good, with good waterproof rating at a pretty cometitive price.

Mrdevon...agreed with you on angling style. It's one reason why I'm considering a brolly. simplicity to put up and take down and move onto fish.

My present bivvy isn't heavy but a brolly makes everything quicker. With a full system you get the benefits of a bivvy with a sealable front but also the speed to be able to get on the move quicker.

i have just bought a tx 2g.    i haven't had a chance to use it yet..   i do still own a jrc quad 2man that for long sessions and winter is fantastic.  just a bit heavy for overnights.  

i did have a jrc stealth brolley..  didn't suit me. i found the poles and zipping the front on hurt my back more than a pramhood..   but each to his own.   

i think it has more to do with your style of fishing.    mobile,  static.   etc

doug

Hello manc , stick jrc sti in the search & have a butchers .

Funnily enough the sti 2 man that im singing the praises of is no longer made .

There is a new version of it which can only be an improvement i would have thought .

The jrc contact isnt a million miles away from it either .

All the lads that have JRC cant speak highly enough about em though obviously not everyone has one :)

I always recommend anything JRC , my set up is pretty much a jrc showroom lol .

If ian ( welder ) sees this thread he'll put you right .

There are a couple of tips that make the old sti 2 man even better . As i say it is pretty heavy thats the only downside .

And they go pretty cheap on ebay second hand too :)

Here's the thing. Seek out whoever it was that dissed the JRC STi Twinskin and knee him firmly in the groin. Then tell him that he knows nothing.

Then get on eBay and buy a good used one. As Tim says, they aren't light but, trust me, they're unbreakable. Mine must be 7 or 8 years old now and is still like new.

Best money I ever spent.

Ian