Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Solid pva bag with balanced corn would be my first tactic and different rigs/bait on the other two rods,personally I would use SPV on all three rods in spots well apart from each other if your using more than one or two rods? with the same bait and then cast all 3 to the same general area I first caught off if it was just for a day session,don't generally do day sessions but has worked in the past on 24-48 hour sessions :wink:

1oz running lead, 8" N-Trap hooklength, 18mm Coconut boilie. Lob it out into a likely looking spot and catty about 2 dozen freebies all around, sit back and wait.

Bring it on

Edited by smufter

Since i'm only allowed one rod & bait here goes ...

I dont know what the bottom of the lake is like so its a simple mono hooklink knotless knotted to a hook that i would consider general purpose .

On the long hair would be an odyssey XXX snowman , normal bottom bait out the bag 18mm in conjunction with one of my Orange XXX pop up specials 14mm.

This way i can discard one or tother if i feel the need . XXX weedbeater & stick-mix pva mesh stick to protect the hookbait/s , all on a nice big 3oz running lead set up .

My fluorocarbon mainline fished very slack , rod tip pointing , on bankstick , directly at the rig for immaculate bite indication .

Hows that ? :)

You guys are the real deal! You all put my crawler and #4 hook to shame.Thats my number one goto for getting carp.Thats why I like this site.Just when I think I'm a real carp fisherman I find out there's a whole other world of tactics to get them big boys to shore .I got a long ways before I even understand what you guys do out there Sorry didn't meen to interrupt the topic.lol

Edited by JeremyCampbell

You guys are the real deal! You all put my crawler and #4 hook to shame.Thats my number one goto for getting carp.Thats why I like this site.Just when I think I'm a real carp fisherman I find out there's a whole other world of tactics to get them big boys to shore .I got a long ways before I even understand what you guys do out there Sorry didn't meen to interrupt the topic.lol

When I first started looking at British carp forums about 12 years ago I read a description of a baitboat in use and I misunderstood it; I thought it was like a tank that crawled across the bottom of the lake with a cargo of bait and a hook on the line buried in the middle of it. Out it goes, dump, retreat..... I thought "That's the most devious thing I've ever heard of!" Tip of the iceberg.

Go ahead and give it a try jeremy .

This forum , and google , are your friends :)

nice warm day? it would have to be my ten ft stalker with fox armapoint #8 and dog bikki held on with bait band.

not so warm, would be 12lb mono thru to a method feeder, 4" braid hook link to covert mugga short hair with natural corn as hook bait. method filled with dampened dynamite swimstim betain green micro pellets and same method mix, fished slack with rod on pod cos i'm lazy :lol:

slight edit,,, i dont consider the swimstim to be a bait, more like an attractor so i hope i dont contravene the one bait rule :wink:

Edited by cyborx