Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
salokcinnodrog

Kill The Swim?

ok i have read the replies and what no one else has said is do you take in to account the stock of other fish that is in the lake.

I have fished lakes in the past that have got huge shoals of bream and tench and these can wipe out the best laid baiting plan in less than a hour.

Pellets and soft particles are very vunerable to silver fish etc.

i can agree the first bait bombardment can spook the fish away from the area or make the fish nervous.

are the fish spooking off the heavy baited area because it is still smells fresh.

Here is a question for you all has any one here baited heavily with washed out baits?

But what do you consider heavy baiting.

I dislike putting in loads of boiles 2 kilos lasts me 36-48 hours normaly

but will be generous with pellets corn particles etc

Guest Anonymous
ok i have read the replies and what no one else has said is do you take in to account the stock of other fish that is in the lake.

I thought it would be obvious that we do due to most chaps on here fishing the same venues regularly.

It may not have been said but I'm sure we all bait up accordingly. Of course some fish unknown lakes in which case it would become a gamble as to pile the bait in or not bearing in mind the fish stocks would be hear say or not known :? Personally I wouldn't.

Think a lot of this depends on what kind of water you are fishing.

For instance if you're on a lake that gets a massive turnaround of anglers who all stick a load of bait in then coming along and baiting up with another shed load of stuff is only going to be non-productive. The fish may wait days to come onto the bait.

Now i'll use a mate of mine as an example. He is in quite a well known northern syndicate and the general feeling is that anything heavy on the baiting front is bad. The fish ignore it and you dont catch. This is what he was told from one of the 'top' guys on the pond anyways.

What does the lad do?? I'll tell you what, he gives them 5k of boilies and what do you expect, do the fish turn-off, not on your nelly, they go berserk and my pal has 3 fish, one of them the biggest mirror in the lake.

Oh how I laugh when some twit thinks they have it all worked out and you prove them wrong.

The only rule in carp fishing, or indeed any fishing is that there are NO rules.. :D

Guest Anonymous
i prefer to use small pva bags over a pop-up popped up about an inch... have had some good results on it :D

How do you manage that :lol::wink:

Guest reizend

horses for courses Im thinking. Waverney valley lakes always worked on the 3 day rule. 15kg of bait on day one. 3 days later fish after fish.

worked for over 20 years there.

Other lakes I've tried it on, Nothing!!

Mind you having seen Jim Shelly piling the bait in. Must work for him, unless the bait is free lol

Fished SWP this week from Monday to Friday. Went with the intention of my Mate and I trying to really pile the Bait in on 1 rod. He put in 5kilos of Boilies on one feature and I put in 5kilos of Spodded Particles on another. We fished 1 rod each consistently on the Bait, with the hope that after 3days it would start to fish well

On the others it was either PVA presentations or single Baits

Neither of us had a fish on that Heavily Baited Patch, in fact the only Carp take to either of us came to a Stick Mix cast to a clearish Patch in the weed.

Now from Monday to Friday there was hardly anyone on the 25acre Lake and only a total of 3 Carp were caught. Whether this was down to the amount of Bait going in over the Bank Holiday weekend I'm not sure, but when I went down on Friday there were plenty of Anglers really piling in the Bait. This may have contributed to so much bait going in that the Carp were just looking for an easy meal and not feeding on patches on Bait this week at all

I've never piled bait in, a few capfull of pellet/chopped/whole boilies, to begin with and after a catch!

This perhaps comes from hand rolling in the old days, could/would not waste them after spending the severals hours rolling the evening before.

I would use about a hundred hand rolled baits a day!

When the particle's arrived, they were much cheaper and considerably smaller, so more would be used.