Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

plumb the depth,set the float just touching the surface, increase depth by 2 inches, and put a large weight an inch from the hook, the float will lift much higher in the water as soon as the fish lifts bait and hook from the bottom, hit the lift.

Thank you carpmachine  :wink:  :wink:  :wink:

Welcome to Carp.com.

As much as carp fishing is the fashionable side of fishing, it is far harder to put together a good net full of skimmers, so to me that would be a better days fishing than a carp. You got the feeding right for those fish, it's just that a carp did not move into the area, maybe they don't feed in that spot, or there are not that many carp in the water. If it is the latter, then look at waters with more carp in them, although my boat is floated by catching nets of skimmers like that!

If I wanted to catch a load of carp I would be fishing a water with a higher carp density, but I do prefer more natural lakes, with a few big carp that are more of a challenge than loads of little carp.